Did you mean: 

up and running

krs181067
Grafter

up and running

set up easy
dowload 34meg
upload 8 meg
hd iplayer no buffering, very good indeed and i've only had it an hour!
kel
7 REPLIES 7
krs181067
Grafter

Re: up and running

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi Kel,
Welcome to FTTC, glad it was all easy to do (when we go live we'll try and make it easier by doing the easy setup on the router like we do with ADSL so you won't even have to enter in any details) and speeds looking really good and that's nice and impressive wireless too.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
krs181067
Grafter

A disappointing 32 meg at the moment Cry

kel
krs181067
Grafter

Here are a few results from yesterday and the last one from 6.45 this am.
Speed dipped from the heady heights of 34meg
Now at 32
Graph shows some strange results around 7pm last night.
kel
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

I think that probably tallies with when things get busy. We've seen that for other people on FTTC that speeds do decrease in the evening, there's only a finite amount of bandwidth on the BT side of the network and a finite amount on our side. With the faster speeds you can get on FTTC the percentage decrease when it gets busy seems to be much more than on ADSL or even ADSL2+. Looking at the graphs of our network for the last couple of days on 21CN it tends to get busy just after tea time around 7pm, eases a little then gets busier again from around 8pm to just after 10pm. We've got some more bandwidth about to go in on 21CN so should improve things on our side if that's causing any slow down. If it starts getting below 12Mbps then we can raise it in to BT.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
JEB
Grafter

In my experience the various speedtesters given unrealistic results. 
What matters is really world speeds, e.g. if HD streaming works or file downloading is at a decent speed.  In my experience video streaming is normally okay on peak but file downloading, e.g. a xbox game demo is borderline unusable.  Outside of peak hours however everything is nice and quick.

James
krs181067
Grafter

Speeds still good, some fluctuations in the early evening but typically 34 meg wireless connection.
HD iplayer looks good everytime I've used it with no buffering.
Just downpowered the router and modem just to see how it juices back up, no issues.
Still so far so good.
A little concerned how much usage I'm getting through though, something I need to keep an eye on. Last night for instance i got through 700meg, this was on browsing, e-mail, and xbox. No HD, or streaming and no more than I normally would us the internet for.
kel