cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superfast cymru

beaky32
Grafter

superfast cymru

I live in a quite remote part of Wales and I am very pleased with Plusnet Unlimited Broadband..
However, Superfast cymru says that we will be getting a fibre rollout 2013-2014
Do you have any news on this ? BT tell me our exchange is being upgraded to 21cn in May (although Samknows says September)
I am confused ,do you get any inside info ?
Thanks
Leighton
5 REPLIES 5
beaky32
Grafter

Re: superfast cymru

135 views and not one reply ?
Am I the only one who has heard of this initiative ?
AndyH
Grafter

I don't think PN will get told much about it until it's live or just about to go live - unless they are planning on a trial which PN get involved in.
Have you tried contacting your local authority to find out the plans for your area? There should be someone who is the point of contact for BT and will hopefully be able to shed some light on your area. There's a fair bit of planning involved in installing the infrastructure for fibre (both FTTC and FTTH/P) which is why someone should be able to help you.
21CN will be the first step in the process - does it give a date in this spreadsheet for your exchange? https://www.btwholesale.com/shared/document/Library/Network_Information/21CN_Broadband_Availibility/...
beaky32
Grafter

No my exchange isn't on that list
BT reckon our exchange is being enabled in May , Samknows says 21CN in September
Resolven is our exchange.
Superfast Cymru reckons 2013 / 2014
All a mish mash , with different dates everywhere...
Would be nice to have a decent speed to keep up with everyone else..
Thanks for the reply by the way !!
Regards
Beaks
AndyH
Grafter

Your exchange is fairly small which probably means it's lower down on the priority list for an upgrade.
Dates change all the time unfortunately. Existing upgrades over run, resources get allocated elsewhere etc.
The thing to do is form a local broadband group and begin to communicate with your council/MP etc. The more people you can get involved, the more pressure you can put on BT/Superfast Cymru to speed up upgrades/fibre. This is what happened in my area and BT has upgraded areas that were deemed 'financially non-viable' at first.
beaky32
Grafter

Thanks Andy
Great reply , but our local council are a bunch of..hmm....now whats the word !!!!
I will wait and see, thanks for your reply though !!
Beaks