Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speeds slowing as more join fttc ?

Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Re: speeds slowing as more join fttc ?

In getstats.BAT :-
set URL=http://192.168.1.1/html/status/xdslStatus.asp

Also (might look a little different in the version you downloaded - I haven't release the updates, yet):-
(sleep 2^
& type %LOGIN_FOLDER%\login1.txt & sleep 1^
& type %LOGIN_FOLDER%\login2.txt & sleep 1^
& type %LOGIN_FOLDER%\login3.txt & sleep 1^
& echo xdslcmd info --stats & sleep 1^
& echo exit & sleep 1 & echo exit & sleep 2)^
^| Plink -telnet -P 23 192.168.1.1>> %WORKING_FOLDER%\data$$

In TestStats2.BAT (again, it might look a little different but the principle is the same) :-
rem ***** This one USEs PERMANENT LOGIN FILES in the Apps folder *****
(echo *1>CON & sleep 1^
& type %LOGIN_FOLDER%\LOGIN1.TXT & echo **2>CON & sleep 1^
& type %LOGIN_FOLDER%\LOGIN2.TXT & echo ***3>CON & sleep 1^
& type %LOGIN_FOLDER%\LOGIN3.TXT^
& echo ****4>CON & sleep 1 & echo xdslcmd info --pbParams & echo *****5>CON & sleep 1 & echo xdslcmd info --Bits & echo ******6>CON^
& sleep 1 & echo xdslcmd info --linediag & echo *******7>CON & sleep 2 & echo xdslcmd info --show & echo ********8>CON & sleep 1^
& echo xdslcmd info --stats & echo ********8a>CON & sleep 1 & echo exit & echo *********9>CON & sleep 1 & echo exit^
& echo **********10>CON  & sleep 2 & echo ***********11>CON ) ^| Plink -telnet -P 23 192.168.1.1 >> %SUBFOLDER%%LOGFILENAME%

HTH,
Paul

EDIT:
One of these years, I might introduce the use of an easy to edit .ini file for all the various adjustable settings/variables
MarkOsborne
Dabbler

@Bald_Eagle1
What can I say but many, many, thanks for taking the time out (on a bank holiday monday too!) to produce your detailed reply.
I'll give this a go ASAP.
Thanks once again,
Mark
MarkOsborne
Dabbler

@Bald_Eagle_1
What can I say, but once again, many, many thanks.
I have installed the WinGraph scripts as per the setup guide on my Windows Home Server and changed the IP address in batch files Getstats and TestStats2 to reflect my modem IP address, and bingo it works perfectly. Absolutely top scripts. I can now leave this running 24/7 on the server.
Thanks once again Paul
Mark
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Hi Mark,
Quote from: Mark

I have installed the WinGraph scripts as per the setup guide on my Windows Home Server and changed the IP address in batch files Getstats and TestStats2 to reflect my modem IP address, and bingo it works perfectly. Absolutely top scripts. I can now leave this running 24/7 on the server.

I'm glad it all works for you.
A full 24 hours, and/or a few days worth of ongoing stats may be interesting, as might your current/snapshot graphs along with the other data from the Plink log.
I see you are able to enjoy decent speeds, but your connection isn't as error free as some I have seen to date & DS Interleaving is on at a fairly high(ish) depth.
It still beats my connection hands down though  Cry
Paul.
MarkOsborne
Dabbler

Hi Paul,
Thanks for taking a look at the data and for your observations, very much appreciated. I will certainly keep logging and will happily share the data. I'll let it run a few days before posting back.
I won't pretend I understand this, I'm just finding my way, like a lot of people. I have noticed that when I initially joined up for the trial that I had for the first day or so a similar high performance. Then the performance dropped to around mid-fifty Mbps for the next two weeks (BT profile 59,999). Then, for no obvious reason, about a week ago the modem "synced on the fly" and the BT profile and sync were around 73,999 for a few days. Error rates were in the 10's for the next few days, and then sync rate went to 79,999 (Tuesday?) and dropped very slightly during the day. At this point error rates have gone right through the roof, particularly in the last 24 hours. As download increased upward, SNRM dropped from 15 to 6. I thought that seemed  reasonable.
Now, thanks to you, I've got some solid logging tools creating data, rather than my somewhat anecdoteal pbParams stories and failing recollections  Smiley
As a complete aside, I mentioned last week that I had noticed that switching off the modem QoS increased U/L from 16.1 to 17.5 Mbps. I've left it off all week and have not noticed a single adverse problem. I really would like to know why BT did this, surely there must be a good reason? (or am I being a little naive here?).
Am I right in thinking that with my upload SNRM at around 15, and a max achievable rate close to 30,000, that should a product and a profile every become available, my line could support a much higher U/L speed?
I am still really puzzled about the upload performance. Despite all the strange measurement techniques and uncertainties that seem to blight us at the moment, the one solid measurement seems to be that relating to U/L speed. I'm not grumbling at all but I'm curious as to why my line doesn't go closer to the 20 Mbps figure, than it does so far. I would have thought that with a SNRM of 15 there should be enough headroom?
Sorry to hear about you performance figures, I never meant to come here and brag shamelessly.
Thanks for all the help, comments, advice and tools,
Mark
MarkOsborne
Dabbler

Hi Paul,
Quote from: Bald_Eagle1
I see you are able to enjoy decent speeds, but your connection isn't as error free as some I have seen to date & DS Interleaving is on at a fairly high(ish) depth.

By way of info, yesterday at 9:00 the modem shows DSL uptime back at zero. I'm not sure why this happened. As a consequence my D/L sync speed changed from around 79,000 to 73,322 and interleaving depth increased from around 1200 to around 1600. At this time yesterday my download error rates were as follows CRC (316), FEC (10) and HEC (89) respectively. Today, 24 hours on, not a single additional CRC, FEC or HEC error has been recorded. A slightly different situation compared to Friday night when at the higher sync speeds the D/L error rates were going through the roof. I'm assuming that the increase in interleaving depth has provided this additional resilience. Interestingly latency hasn't noticeably changed with ping values of 18ms being recorded by speediest.net under normal server selection.
If I am correct in the assupmtion that the increased interleaving depth is responsible for the reduction in D/L errors recorded , is it likely that the BT infrastructure has automatically made this adjustment? I'm just wondering if after a few days will the D/L sync rate increase if the line continues in a stable state. I guess a few days of win graph logging might reveal something useful.
Mark
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If I am correct in the assumption that the increased interleaving depth is responsible for the reduction in D/L errors recorded , is it likely that the BT infrastructure has automatically made this adjustment?

Yes.
I'm just wondering if after a few days will the D/L sync rate increase if the line continues in a stable state. I guess a few days of win graph logging might reveal something useful.

It might, but it could take weeks rather than days. I've kind of given up on it now and if I get another few days of higher speeds it will e a bonus!
mzunny
Dabbler

My speed (100/15) period 2 mounts drops down above 20%.
Speed tests from march when was ~95mbit .

To Day BT test :
Download 76.34 Mbits
Up 14.36

During test looks as network is limited to 76 because during the test indicator on gauge never exceed 76. ;/
anyway I'm still happy as my previously internet was 2mbit.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Don't understand what you mean by "100/15" - were you on an FTTP product? You can't get 94.2Mbps from an 80/20 FTTC connection! What you are getting now is absolutely top notch for 80/20.
mzunny
Dabbler

Quote from: KevinG
Don't understand what you mean by "100/15" - were you on an FTTP product? You can't get 94.2Mbps from an 80/20 FTTC connection! What you are getting now is absolutely top notch for 80/20.

no, no, no. This is about FTTP connection. Doesn't matter what kind of users ( fttp or fttc ) connected to cabinet. Speed must go down. Now my FTTP is slower as most of FTTC connections.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

My understanding was that speeds might be expected to decrease with more FTTC on a cabinet due to crosstalk (on the copper), this aspect should not affect FTTP.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.