Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fttc

krs181067
Grafter

fttc

No much new to say about fttc.
Still going strong, only minor problems but not too much of a problem. Very happy!
One question, if the trial ends soon and the those on the trial still pay their existing monthly price after the closing date, if i decide to move from value to extra after the trial ends will it classed as plusnet extra on the fttc tariff or my existing tariff.
I have always thought that 10gb is not enough with the fibre product and i've restricted what i do as a result , if i can get 60gb at current extra prices i would probably go for it now rather than pay more later.
Some guidance much appreciated
kel
11 REPLIES 11
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fttc

As and when the new FTTC/P products are announced, trialists will be contacted to ask what they  would like - either an upgrade to an FTTC/P product, or to be converted back to ADSL / ADSL2+ at our cost.
Edit: See below
Picnic
Grafter

This seems to contradict http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91272.msg764244.html#msg764244 which I read as saying trialists can remain on FTTC but using your existing broadband deal unless you wanted to change. Can this be clarified please.
krs181067
Grafter

thanks picnic, thats the reason why i asked the question in the first place.
kel
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yikes, looks like my understanding of the situation might be out. I've removed my comments and have asked Dave for further clarification, sorry about that!
nibor
Grafter

Picnic
Grafter

Quote from: nibor
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91272.0.html
Daves post.

Quote from: Picnic
This seems to contradict http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91272.msg764244.html#msg764244 which I read as saying trialists can remain on FTTC but using your existing broadband deal unless you wanted to change. Can this be clarified please.

Keep up Wink Same topic.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Picnic

This is correct. We'll be announcing the end of the trial soon and anyone that is on the trial now or has applied to take part in the trial and can get FTTC by the time we end the trial (that's regardless of whether we've replied to your ticket or not or if your appointment is after the end date) will be able to stay on FTTC and stay on their existing product. We have a big backlog of tickets at the moment and we've got a few people in CSC being trained to look after the orders now, the faults team have been looking after faults for a while and we're going to be training some of the tech teams shortly.
The FTTP trial on the other hand is now likely to continue until July, we're just waiting for official confirmation from BT of the extension.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
bluewhale
Rising Star

is there going to be published a conclusions etc of the trial?
have the 'throttling' issues that some of us had earlier now been solved for example?
lets hope when it goes live all goes well 🙂
krs181067
Grafter

dave
what about my original  question. if i upgrade to extra post trial can i do it for current extra price or will the price default to the new fttc extra price?
thanks
kel
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

You'd be able to stay on whatever product you're on but if you wanted to change after we close this part of  the trial and start to charge then you'd only be able to switch to the chargeable FTTC products. So if you want to do on Extra grab it before we start charging (which won't be this month).
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
krs181067
Grafter

Happy christmas all!!
Thanks for the advice. I have now upgraded to extra and to quote Dave I've 'grabbed' it while I can!!
Kel