cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fttc usage limits

scootie
Grafter

fttc usage limits

As dave will know am waiting for news of the fttc product usage limits, not being able to return for another 18 months i thought i would post the sort of usage am doing on this 30mb line from a useless support isp (32mb real world, strange quoting a higher real world fig).
only got 2/3 days usage stats so far as the current monthly total is messed up from uninstalls etc
but going on what i see so far 4gb daily average down and 1gb up (skydrive etc) i would need a bare min of 150gb peak a month allowance, all my usage so far is iplayer hd and many utube vids SD an HD, and can see that going up some more once i find more HD media sources.
is this kinda of usage going to be ever tolerated in plusnet fttc product designs, i doubt it but how close do you reckon the peak time allowances will be? i would love to come back to PN just for the support alone
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: fttc usage limits

month usage stats and TBB monitor has an issue that if you log out, log in to a windows account the loader service fails so at least 30% of the time its not running, some of it is after midnight so plusnet still lives on with me  Crazy .
But i prefer my current providers peak time traffic management strategy, I have only been capped to 7mb for 5 hours and that was on purpose to test how  well it was applied  ,  comparing PN to VM is useless tho and i applaud PN for the package and price's you have come to release with for FTTC in the BTw world, if i only had BTw providers to pick from then PN 120gb or BT's unlimited would be my picks
good luck with keeping the LLU boys away from your customers when they come to market on mass which they will when the regulators say enough is enough and force BT to make it easier for them to do
nibor
Grafter

I have noticed the usage limits for the FTTC products have been published, essentially gining you extra on top of value or etra with the fibre product, will there be a boost for pro + fibre as well ?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

This is no pro fibre package as such. However you will be able to add pro as an additional paid option on Value and Extra. What this actually gives you compared to the old pro package has not been specified yet.
mikeyriot
Grafter

I'm more interested to see what the "less aggressive" traffic management, in particular the rate limiting, will be like compared to the Extra package I'm on atm.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Peter
This is no pro fibre package as such. However you will be able to add pro as an additional paid option on Value and Extra.

Worth bearing in mind that whilst it may have been alluded to quite strongly in other posts, we haven't officially announced our plans for the Pro offering yet.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵