Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speed reset

gunsmoke
Grafter

download speed reset

Hi
The engineer came and connected up the fibre on tuesday & everything seems to be working fine.
Could someone take a look at resetting the download speed please?  The person I spoke to at PN on the day said they would be altering the profile/speed/type thing once they saw the install was finished.
It was still unchanged last night, but I didnt get a chance to check this morning
Thanks
Richard
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: download speed reset

Hi
Glad you've finally been set up - taken a long time (before XMAS you were hoping for) to get it installed!
If you go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed what does it say for current line speed? Does this match your IP profile in the BT Speed Checker when you go to further diagnostics?
gunsmoke
Grafter

IP profile is 38Mb
I'm still only getting 12.5 down (pretty much what I had before) & 9.5 up (20x what I had before Smiley
(I think I opted for the 40Mb fttp option way back in the dim and distant past, but that was before the unlimited options came out too, so I'll see about upping it to 80/20 unlimited when its all working ok.  The 160Mb seems just the wrong side of expensive to me
I dont think my profile has been reset properly yet.
Richard
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting from your router?
The PN link I posted above should match your IP Profile - just a question of them amending it (if it's not been changed since your install).
Hopefully PN will offer some bundled telephone/Internet FTTP packages soon. The pricing is the same as FTTC/WLR with BTO so should be straightforward, it's just the faster speeds and unlimited bit that need working out.