cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZyXEL NBG4604 80/20 FTTC Trial

majorpdd

ZyXEL NBG4604 80/20 FTTC Trial

Hi There,
Received my testing router yesterday which i have now setup today.
Not notice any difference in www.speedtest.net and realised that my IP profile is still set that same as before.
Is there anything I'm missing or not doing?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
beardybuck
Grafter

Re: ZyXEL NBG4604 80/20 FTTC Trial

You haven't been switched yet, can take a few days. One of the guys should spy and look into it. Your IP profile still set at the 40/2 level.
majorpdd

Thanks, seems that they have noticed!  Just waiting up to 4 hours for ip profile update!
Another question regarding the router.
Is there anyway to stop the wizard page coming up every time you log into the router?  And go straight into the status page.
Not really noticed any major difference in connection speed, will swap and change once the IP profile is updated.
dick:quote
majorpdd

It seems that the ZyXEL wifi signal gets lost here and there on a few of my devices.
Very annoying! as when you search for the signal again, the router does not exist!
Reminds be of a belkin I had for almost 1 week!
Still no upgrade to 80/20 stuck at 40/2, been told i need to report it as a fault!!! is this right?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry about the issue you've had with this.
We'll get you sorted, just raise a fault via here first please: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults then bump this thread and I'll pick that up for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mathome
Dabbler

Glad to see its not just me having issues witht he WiFi on the Zyxel router. It lasted all of 10 mins before I swapped it back to the netgear.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: majorpdd
It seems that the ZyXEL wifi signal gets lost here and there on a few of my devices.

Quote from: mathome
Glad to see its not just me having issues witht he WiFi on the Zyxel router. It lasted all of 10 mins before I swapped it back to the netgear.

I had problems with it too. Some of my devices (most notably my Galaxy S2 and an iPhone 4S) would lose connectivity to the Internet. They would still have a DHCP lease according to the router console and the phone was showing as connected wirelessly. Despite this I couldn't get any data transfer without disabling/re-enabling wireless on the device. Neither could I connect to the router interface from the phone when the problem occurred.
I tried fiddling with everything I could think of. Assigning manual DNS server addresses via DHCP, disabling Wireless N, fixing the wireless channel, disabling/enabling CPS, hiding/unhiding the SSID, enabling/disabling WPS and countless other things to no avail.
Eventually I reverted back to the Netgear WNR1000 and the problem ceased to exist.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tangey
Grafter

long shot but here goes.
Anyone having specfic problems with Apple airport express/extreme airplay disappearing on ZyXel equipement.  I have one of the NBG4604 (having previously had another Zyxel router) and have found that my airport express will become totally unviewable by either iphone or ipad and stay that way, until I do one of a number of things, either cycle power to the airport express, totally restart the ipad/iphone, restart the router.  This was also the case oon the original ZyXel router I had. I had assumed I had a dodgy airport express, and bought another one, only to find its also doing exactly the same.
A do have a netgear router, so I might try that one.
Cleargrey

Wow. Talk about coincidental read. My wifi on my Galaxy Nexus was spotty with the wifi on the ZyXEL, but I recently updated to ICS 4.0.4 which for some people had some issues with the radios dropping when the phone goes to sleep.
For another reason unrelated I switched back to the Netgear but I have noticed that my wifi has had no problem. But I thought I just haven't sampled for enough days (I switched back about 4 days ago). It seems that this coincidental reading of this post confirms that this trend of having no problems may indeed continue!
Oh, and I gotta say, compared to the Netgear, the ZyXEL is simply ugly!
iainr

I don't just find the case ugly, the web interface is ugly as well. it also seems very strange that you can only allocate a fixed number of static dhcp entries, we have 2 mobiles, a blueray player, a wii, a ps2 an ipad a media player and a tv, that's all the static ip addresses accounted for and we've not started on the computers yet. The documentation i fairly dire and tbh I'm losing faith in the thing. I think the netgear is going to reappear.