Did you mean: 

You are not connected to the internet

FIXED
PDT
Grafter
Fixes: 2

You are not connected to the internet

Evening all
I’m experiencing random (what appear to be) disconnects from the internet.
Speed tests and pings come back fine (both Wi-Fi and wired) however it takes AGES for a website to respond. Loading bbc.co.uk will take in excess of 10 seconds to load, yet once I have that connection, it responds like I’d expect it to.
Just trying to access this forum resulted in a ‘you’re not connected to the internet’ message. After 8 refreshes, it starts to load, takes ages but is fine once loaded.
I’ve attached a couple of images showing what I’m experiencing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It’s doing my nut in!!
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: You are not connected to the internet

Thanks for getting in touch @PDT and apologies for the delayed response.

I've tested your line and I can't see any issues remotely.

If you're still having issues can you try logging into the router when this happens and let us know if you're able to?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PDT
Grafter

Hi sorry for the delay.
Yes, I’m still experiencing an issue. Contacted support and they’ve sent me a new router out but it still persists. Once connected to a web site, it’s fine but it takes an age to get the connection - and this is where I get a ‘you’re not connected to the internet’ issues.
PDT
Grafter

Fix

So, finally resolved this.

In the end, I swapped out the standard Plusnet One hub with a Ubiquiti USG Pro.  With everything plugged into a dumb switch, the issue disappeared instantly.  Guessing as I had around 10 ethernet connections (via a switch) to the router, it couldn't route traffic successfully.

I'm made up!!