Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Marketplace traffic

youngsyp
Grafter

Xbox Marketplace traffic

Hi all,
After experiencing very slow download rates from Xbox Marketplace, I thought I'd enquire as to what type of traffic Plusnet  label this as. Does anybody know?
I had a 10MB download for Black Ops last night and it took around 30 seconds. At full tilt, it should have taken less than 1 second.  Cheesy
Clearly there could have been a lot of Marketplace users doing the same thing as me at the same time but, I still find that a little unnacceptable.
I expect this type of traffic comes under the "Download servers" label which would explain a lot.
Thanks,
Paul
3 REPLIES 3
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: Xbox Marketplace traffic

yeah, i think XBL content comes under CDN in download servers
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

One thing I have noticed whilst browsing the Internet is how much time you spend waiting for servers to respond. I never really noticed it before on ADSL.
So, maybe a fraction or most of your 30 second download was actually lost time waiting for the servers to respond!
I did 2 downloads in XBL Marketplace at the weekend, one was 100MB and the other 33MB and both were acceptably quick.  Smiley
Cheers
Howard
youngsyp
Grafter

Thanks for the responses.
Oddly enough, I downloaded the Black Op's DLC pack at around 1pm on Tuesday and all 696MB of it came down in the time it took me to write a text message. Very impressive indeed.
Paul