cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's occurring - er, nothing

UKenGB
Grafter

What's occurring - er, nothing

I signed up for the trial nearly a month ago and was given an install date (now a week past). That was for the internal, finishing off, with the external work scheduled for "7-9 days before that".  Well I wouldn't be posting here if that had all taken place.
With 2 days to go to the internal work I enquired why NO external work had been done. Needless to say, I was informed the internal work would be postponed. Apparently OR are struggling with demand and I would be told when a new install date had been established. So another week passes and I am firmly in the position of NO FURTHER FORWARD than when I first applied. I have everything planned here but continue to struggle along with our hopelessly slow current ADSL. We should be up and running by now, according to what we were initially informed. I've asked again on the ticket as to what is going on, but no response.
I was fairly happy to let everything take its course when we had a promised date. But now that's been cancelled, I'm REALLY keen to move forward on this. House re-wriring has been done and we will need to make changes to phones etc but currently we're just in limbo.
Can someone please chase this up and obtain a firm install schedule and get this done ASAP.
7 REPLIES 7
UKenGB
Grafter

Re: What's occurring - er, nothing

Have I suddenly become invisible or something. My support ticket has remained unanswered for over a week despite several follow up questions posted. No-one here seems to give a damn and even a PM to Matty has elicited no response.
I've been with Plus for more years than I can remember and they've always been great, hence my desire to stay with them. But so far, their customer service over this FTTP business has been nothing short of atrocious.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the lack of responses, however as FTTP is a trial we have a very low number of people trained on this so it can take longer than normal for a reply. I'll give Matty a nudge to have a look when he's in the office.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
UKenGB
Grafter

Thanks Chris, but contacting Matty was in desperation due to the lack of response on my open ticket, from where primary support should come. There really is no excuse why that is being simply ignored.
David_W
Rising Star

It's not that it's being ignored, it's simply that it's a trial product so the majority of the frontline staff are not trained to deal with it (they can't even offer you Fibre if you ring them up as the system tells them you can't get it).  Basically, your ticket has to go to the correct people to advance, though if you are having an issue and post in this forum, the correct people will see it and get a nudge, it should have been explained to you when you signed up for the trial, that it's a trial product so you cannot expect the same levels of support you would get for a non-trial product.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry that I've not been around to pick up these posts recently. Unfortunately the response times will be something that you have to get used to through the provision as we currently have just two individuals in the provisioning department who can deal with FTTP.
Looks like a bit of tree cutting is necessary to get your provide sorted, so it's a line of sight issue from the manifold. We're waiting on an engineer to send this job to the queue for the correct team, and then the tree cutting will be carried out. We've been asked to check for updates on Tuesday.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
UKenGB
Grafter

Tree cutting? The copper wire a;ready runs from the pole to the house, the exact route the fibre would take, so it would obviously not be impossible to run the fibre across. If they want to trim back the trees later, fine, but there's no need for it to be holding up the fibre install.
Anyway, thanks for getting back to me on this. It's getting very frustrating and not knowing what's going on just makes it worse.
UKenGB
Grafter

Well as you can see, another week has passed. I'd like to report it's all going swimmingly, but I can't. In fact NOTHING is still going on at a prodigious rate.
I appreciate that this is a 'trial' but that doesn't excuse it being this bad. I have NO idea what the problem really is. If it's tree trimming required, how long can that possibly take. It's a half hour job. But 3 weeks after the external install should have been done and still NOTHING.
Who is being so utterly incompetent here? Is it OR or is it PN? I don't even know who is supposed to be doing what. If it's OR that are the problem, then I want PN to jumping on their backs and insisting that they get this sorted. But PN just seem to sit back and let OR get with doing what they seem to do best - NOTHING.
As you can guess, I am getting totally pissed off with this now.