cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on?

Flypopa
Grafter

What's going on?

I am waiting for Plunet to set up my FO.
I have been with Plusnet for a few years prior to this I was with Metronet untill Plusnet bought them out.
This is the email I got from them after a phone call to them, and my reply to their email.

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
12:07pm, Wednesday 15 Feb 2012
Dear Mr Jay,
Thank you for your interest in Plusnet fibre.
Unfortunately, your cabinet doesn't support FTTC technology at present and there are no plans to upgrade it in the near future.
The technology itself is dependant that your exchange is enabled for the service but the cabinets that feed to the exchange also need to support the technology. There is unfortunately no way for us to check when the cabinet is going to be upgraded. This is however part of the constant work that is being done by BT Wholesale to bring fibre to as many people as possible.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 16th February at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Provides until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Your Response
12:50pm, Wednesday 15 Feb 2012
The Question 52008520 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - FTTC Provides
What rubbish are you telling me as the last email that you sent today at 12.07pm.
I am looking at a telegraph pole as I sit here and it has a fibre optics unit on it that is working.
I know this as my neighbours already have it. My next door neighbour is one of the BT installers of 'super fast fiber' as displayed on his van.
He of course has it and it was him that convinced me to go for it.
If you cannot supply me with fibre, I feel sure BT can.
Malcolm Jay
jim:csa
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: What's going on?

Does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say it is available?
(BTW: The equipment for FTTC goes in a cabinet not on a pole)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

While waiting for a rep to reply I have a question.
The standard FTTC connects from the fibre cabinet to the home via the normal copper cables.
If there is a fibre box on the pole this sounds like FTTH (Fibre to the Home) or FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) which Plusnet are only offering as a trial
Flypopa
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say it is available?
(BTW: The equipment for FTTC goes in a cabinet not on a pole)

Checking the link you posted,. The computer says yes.
As I have beed told. From the Cabinet the cable goes up the pole and from the pole to the property. In my case the cable from the pole to my property is FIBRE.
This has been confirmed to me by my neighbour who fits the stuff.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is not FTTC it is FTTH and as I said that is only available on the trial
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

To participate in the FTTH trial raise a special ticket at http://trials.plus.net. That gives details of costs and lists information that needs to be provided.
David
Flypopa
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
That is not FTTC it is FTTH and as I said that is only available on the trial

FTTC or FTTH that don't matter to me and is not my issue.
Are you telling me that Plusnet will not supply me with fibre as I am not on their trial list?
Also my main issue is with the email that they sent, telling me that it is not available in my area.
If this is so, why have they sent me the router? Shocked
Flypopa
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
To participate in the FTTH trial raise a special ticket at http://trials.plus.net. That gives details of costs and lists information that needs to be provided.
I know what it is going to cost me. As this was told me over the phone. Also I had an email confirming this. No mention was made about having to sign into a 'ticket' or whatever.
In fact I was given a date, last Friday for when it was to be the first phase of the installation. But this did not happen.
Something to do with my phone line transfer I was told when I phoned.
Would I have had this bother if I had gone to BT I wonder?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Flypopa,
I can see that a ticket has been raised for the FTTP trial for you. I'll see if I can get any more information on that later.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Moved to the trials board
tangey
Grafter

Quote from: Flypopa
FTTC or FTTH that don't matter to me and is not my issue.
Are you telling me that Plusnet will not supply me with fibre as I am not on their trial list?
Also my main issue is with the email that they sent, telling me that it is not available in my area.
If this is so, why have they sent me the router? Shocked

It very much is your issue, whether you want it to be or not.
If you can not get FTTC, then Customers services response was absolutely correct.  As FTTP is on a trial basis and has not been rolled out as a product, customer services have no knowledge of it whatsoever.