cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the FTTP options from PlusNet

madjbright
Grafter

What are the FTTP options from PlusNet

Having checked the BP Broadband checker daily for ages I now have a new option  Smiley
Telephone Number 0125689**** on Exchange WHITCHURCH is served by Cabinet 2
Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)  Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)  Downstream Range(Mbps)  Availability Date
WBC FTTP Up to 330 Up to 30 -- Available
Having been a long term PlusNet customer what are my FTTP options and what will it cost me. I cannot find anything specific on the standard site and Change my product does not offer me any fibre.
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: What are the FTTP options from PlusNet

https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
madjbright
Grafter

Jelv. Thanks for the link. However, that talks about 38Mbps and 76Mbps. The post beneath mine talks about 330Mbps speed issues. So that I have the full picture is this an option as well? I may not choose to go with 330Mbps but I would like to understand the full list of options because I also have to consider other providers as this is potentially a big change.
madjbright
Grafter

Also I am on a market 1 (high cost) area. Does that have an impact on the price for the FTTP connection?
AndyH
Grafter

*should* make no difference for FTTP pricing.
madjbright
Grafter

Another question. The FTTP Trial page says:
1. To take part please confirm below that you've read and accept the Terms and Conditions for the trial.
Are these ters and conditions just the words on the FTTP Trial page or are there some other terms and conditions. I cannot see a link to anywhere else.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10
madjbright
Grafter

jelv, thanks again for the links. It is a pity that they are not included on the sign up page as we are expected to agree to the Ts&Cs. Searching for FTTP comes up with nothing. Fibre to the Premises returns lots of Fibre stuff, but I did not find these pages.
So I still have an open question on the price that I need confirmed. The trial Ts&Cs state:
For customers who apply to take part in the FTTP trial from December 2012 the charging, speed, and features of Plusnet Essentials Fibre and Plusnet Unlimited Fibre will apply with the exception of the 18 month contract.
So does that mean that as I am NOT in a low cost area I would pay £26.99 per month for the FTTP fibre plus the line rental, or would I pay the £19.99 per month for the FTTP fibre plus the line rental as the sign-up page states. It makes a lot of difference when comparing to the competition. I know that you are not PlusNet so an official response before I start the sign up process would be appreciated.
changi
Grafter

I recently got FTTH on the trial on the Madingley (EAMAD) exchange. We are a high cost area and I am paying £19.99. Ignoring the fact it took over 3 years to get this far, it's finally good to have a quick unlimited connection although speed still seems patchy. We are limited to 76Mbps by Plusnet which they said is so they can charge the same as FTTC customers rather than come up with some new tariff for 200/300.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: changi
I recently got FTTH on the trial on the Madingley (EAMAD) exchange. We are a high cost area and I am paying £19.99.

ditto, although I've not noticed any great speed variations. On a wired connection I usually get mid-70s/21Mbps (not sure why 21 rather than 20, but who's complaining!) Even on wireless I occasionally top 70Mbps on the download, and that's through a couple on internal walls. Upload always a solid 21Mbps, that's 6x faster than my adsl download  Smiley