Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options?

FIXED
Crellster
Rising Star

Re: What are my options?

@Gandalf I got the text update but can’t reply to the ticket as I keep getting the maintenance page when I authenticate, but Tuesday 4th is great.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries, I saw your text message back to us. Thanks for confirming that's OK. Fingers crossed Tuesday is the day you get FTTP!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

@Gandalf OR engineer traveled for over an hour to apparently just scan the SN on the ONT. Spoke to support as PON kept flashing and didn't go solid. 

He remotely tested the the fibre to prove the connection (Red light on) and then worked out we were on the wrong part of the splitter. Think he may have rebuilt the order as well. The OR on-site engineer couldn't fix that so another job will be raised to move us on to the right part of the splitter. No ETA.

He said OR may just do that without telling you / me so to keep checking the PON light. 

Doesn't think they'll come back and retest the light levels after that. 

Very unimpressed with OR and the way they manage work. Why the OR guy who came last time couldn't have scanned the SN and do this same check (no more than 30 minutes elapsed) is beyond me as he was on site, could have diagnosed the fault and then potentially resolved it (as he was splicing fibre in the trench before he came to my property). 

At worst this visit would have been for someone to sort out the splitter. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter and duplicate removed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this.

I've requested the escalation to be looked at team manager level due to the constant issues and delays.

With regards to your previous post it's likely just caught in the automated spam filter.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

This just got me thinking, with all the delays am I the last person going through the install on the FTTP trial?  Crazy3

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Having a look we've still got 16 tickets in our FTTP workflow, not including any tickets which may be on hold or where an adviser has taken ownership(As is the case with yours)

Appreciate this probably doesn't make things better as we'd want to resolve this for you as quick as possible. Hopefully there's not another delay after this one is fixed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf for the update on the ticket. It corresponds to the splitter problem I was told about but you've got more info out of them than I did this time. I'll read that as 5 WD for the "external engineer" (I assumed it would be an OR job?) and then another unspecified no of days for the "internal engineer" rather than both just to keep my expectations low. As I typed that I realised is that internal / external may be in relation to a property rather than subcontractors / 3rd parties as I originally read it?

If so, that looks as though they are planning on another home visit if I read it that way - which is different to what yesterday's engineer suggested?  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Essentially as far as I understand it, DCoE(Diagnostics Centre of Excellence) will be correcting the routing on the order, then they'll task an engineer out there to do physical external work, then they'll re-appoint the order for the internal install.

I think the 5 working day timeframe is for all of the above. Internal/external relates to the property, but once they've done the external work and want us to re-appoint the order at that point I can try to get the order completed without another visit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

@Gandalf Any chance of chasing them for an earlier update today to give them a nudge as I still have flashing PON light so they've done nothing so far. 

Funnily enough two of the OR engineers (good ones) who'd been previously were splicing fibres last Friday in my nearby duct and they couldn't believe the previous engineer hadn't fixed it - though apparently the ones they send from Birmingham are rubbish Smiley 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've spoken with an adviser from the FTTP team at Openreach, and I've been advised that an engineer is due to go out on the 18th to do the external work. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

I should know by now not to get my hopes up Sad  So in effect it's turned in to a 5 day turn-around to tell us they were going to send someone out in a further 5 (working) days to do one stage of what's more than likely going to need a further stage?

Enough negativity. In that case it's cause for a celebration. It's going to be the 2 month anniversary on Saturday so well done OR. I wonder if we'll make it to 3? 

More seriously, if they could do this sooner it would be appreciated.

...pause

...Literally as I was about to hit send an OR engineer (I think the 3rd one I was talking to) called to say he is apparently on his way over to splice the fibre now. Should be here in about an hour. I'll keep you posted. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The agent I spoke to advised me they'd spoken to their manager and said they couldn't expedite this, but I'm glad to hear the engineer has arrived early! Keep me posted.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

You obviously have friends in high places Smiley 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

They don't call me Gandalf for no reason. Smiley

[edit]

Note to self, more modesty required in future.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

@Gandalf can you have a look at the ticket. Fibre in and up but speeds are awful.