What are my options?

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: What are my options?

@Gandalf PM'd you as requested.

Cheers, I'll reply again shortly.  [edit] I've replied, I thought I sent this post sooner, but turns out I didn't.

...try rationalising that with a 16 yr old though  Smiley 

Back in my day I had to wait all night to download a film. Tongue

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Crellster

Zen and BT's current pricing for 300Mbps average speed is

BT Pricing

£59 .99 a month

18 months contract

Includes BT line rental

Price after 18 months £64.99

£59 .99 upfront

Zen

£75.00

per month

12 month contract

£55 activation charge

With Zen if you don't want the phone line then deduct £2 per month.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Crellster
Rising Star

Thanks @SpendLessTime, The other cost I remember they mentioned is that BT will add £10 for delivery of their router. If you go for the TV option they'll just charge you one £10 delivery for both devices. I take BT HD from for the sports channels from Plusnet so was also considering binning my Sky TV in favour of BT. I hadn't appreciated you need a tv aerial though for the SD channels and it's only HD and 4k over the fibre.

@Gandalf Im giving my age away but we used to have a "video van" that came round so you could rent VHS or Betamax (you had to wait a week ! ) and I remember the days of 14.4k modems and themes basic html pages taking minutes to load Smiley 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Crellster

You could tell the 16 year old that if they pay they get!!!!

If you don't need a phone line then PlusNet is £23.49 (I think) for the "up to 78" service.

However, you cannot get PlusNet TV as the FTTP Trial is not integrated with their back office systems. You can get the BT Sport App (£5 pm) if sport is all you require. I use this along with ChromeCast to send pictures to my TV. As I only wanted BT Sport this option actually saves me money as it would have been £13 pm via PlusNet TV.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gandalf Im giving my age away but we used to have a "video van" that came round so you could rent VHS or Betamax (you had to wait a week ! ) and I remember the days of 14.4k modems and themes basic html pages taking minutes to load Smiley 

While I've never used a video van before, I remember the time of VHS and going to Blockbuster!

In my day it was 56k internet so slightly faster than 14.4k. Kids nowadays have it good. Grin

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Crellster

Things have changed slightly since yesterday. PlusNet have to-day announced the closure of the FTTP Trial to new applicants at the end of July (see separate thread). It does appear they are prepping the launch of a commercial FTTP service but there is no detail or timescale to this.

You can still apply and the closure will have no affect on the service you receive. However, the launch of a FTTP service might, just might, bring the option of faster speeds which might allow for an upgrade at a later date while staying with PlusNet.

Brian

Crellster
Rising Star

@bmc I spotted that within a few minutes of it going up but thanks for the heads up Smiley 

@Gandalf I've just signed up via trials.plus.net and asked if there's any chance of an engineer visit later this week. If you don't ask you don't get Smiley 

Should I have got a ticket number as I didn't get one? 

bmc
Hero

@Crellster

A support ticket should have been raised if the form was submitted.

Have you checked under "View My Questions" in the Help & Support section of the PlusNet website (you need to be logged in).

Brian

Crellster
Rising Star

Thanks Brian, I hadn't checked. 

@Gandalf it's ticket 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Crellster, we've picked up and responded to your ticket this morning.

Before replying it may be worth you calling your phone provider to ask them what address on the Openreach systems that they have your phone line registered at.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf
I’ve responded to the ticket. Can’t solve the address update question until tomorrow as I’m away as the address registered is the old ( 15 years ago) property name
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks. I've placed your FTTP order now and updated you via your ticket with more detail.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've checked your order and and I've posted a response onto your ticket.

Let us know over here once you've replied.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf didn't spot this but I replied to the ticket just after you raised the question. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Crellster

We have updated the open support ticket following on from your response.

Let us know if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team