Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for fttp

krusty
Rising Star

Waiting for fttp

Hi,

I'm not actually if asking will cause problems than its worth. My postcode according to Hampshire superfast project, is due to be upgraded to fttp. But only some of the post code(according to OR). The mapping on their website is at best; weird. For instance the adjoining road, half is due fttp and the other side isn't, despite both side are using over head cables and served from the same DP..

Anyhoo I've not heard anything or seen any updates on roadworks.org and the openreach website itself, only is listing about 3 properties (another adjoining road) that are gonna get fttp..

If the pn team have any spare time, is there any chance for them to send an email over to them Cheesy Smitten. As getting any more than "some properties may not get fttp" is about as much i can get out of hampshire ..

6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Waiting for fttp

It's highly unlikely PlusNet would get any more information than you've already got. They probably wouldn't even try. At times it would seem easier to get blood out of a stone than information from OpenReach about plans.

In my area 10 streets ([plus side streets) are on the FTTP list. I got mine in November and in total 8 streets are now live with no information about the other two. It's been a couple of months since anything happened.

You'll need to keep an eye on things and (politely) way lay any OR engineer you see working on poles to see if they know anything about the plans (probably not - the lads who did the network install for my street simply did what they were told!!!)

What does the DSL checker say is currently available for your line. So long as it's only ADSL then you're in with a chance!!!

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I've raised this to the fibre availability enquiries team at Openreach.

We should hear back within 7 working days and we'll update you when we do.

Fingers crossed there's good news.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krusty
Rising Star

Thanks for asking.

As the situation on my property is weird, they also did a duct for cabling (when they raised the pole height). which we had to give permision. Hence why if its sitll in the planning stage, nudging might help..

Thank you once again, i only asked partly because i'm a long standing bod on PN's books and also i do help on here (every so often).. I don't consider it a norm to bog down companies asking such Qs Smiley

thanks

Taras

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Taras.
We’re always happy to help.
Thanks for your loyalty!
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've updated the ticket on your account/sent you an e-mail with the response I've received from Openreach.

In short it looks like FTTP is planned but it's in the early stages and they can't give any timescales at the moment.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krusty
Rising Star

Just read,

Thank you for the update, i thought the time scale that, Hampshire CC bb team, gave became increasingly out, as they have the standard wave 2 (which i'm in effectively) and two other schemes; DCMS Additional funding and DCMS Innovation Fund Pilot. The DCMS additional funding rollout is massively behind schedule. So in short i can see why the wave 2 rollout has slipped slightly (alot).

But with no updates on their (hampshire) site since feb, actual information became scarce.