Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for OpenReach to complete outside work

clanla
Grafter

Waiting for OpenReach to complete outside work

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

Following my application to join the trial, OpenReach came on Wednesday 19th April and started the outside work connecting the fibre to the house but did not complete it as they needed to clear some tree branches and their chain saw broke down. They came again on Mon 24th and did some more and then went away, I don't know why. I had a phone call on Wednesday 26th cancelling the appointment for the internal connection as the outside work is not complete, and was told I would get a phone call to arrange a new appointment. That was a week ago and I have heard nothing. Is there any way I can find out what is going on?

The plusnet ticket number is 147220331

Thanks in advance

Colin

11 REPLIES 11
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Waiting for OpenReach to complete outside work

Hi Colin,
I apologies for the delays your going through with the fibre upgrade. I've checked into the Fibre to the premises order for you and contacted our suppliers and there seems to have been a delay with resource for the job. They have advised us to check for updates on 11/05/17 and there is a good chance the external work needed will be completed by then for us then we can look at booking you an engineer to complete the work needed at the property.
We will be in touch on the 11/05/17 but by all means if you get back to us on here on that date we can check into the order and see if the work needed is complete.

King Regards,

Ben

clanla
Grafter

OK, thanks Ben

OpenReach are here connecting up one of my neighbours and I asked if they new what the delay is in connecting mine up. They have connected it to the box on the house but at the pole it has been left as a coil of fibre by the green box. It appears that they had to use an unusual type of cable to connect me as it goes near a high voltage cable and the vans don't carry the right tool for connecting up that type of cable. One might have thought that any efficient organisation would have got the tool to these guys so they could do both jobs at the same time, and save another trip out here (we are in a village out in the wilderness of Mid Wales).

Colin

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Colin,
Yeah, to be honest we usually see orders complete without any delays and when extra work is needed or issues occur the only thing we can do is progress this along to get the necessary work done. I can only reassure you that I have assigned your account to the correct team in checking for updates moving forward and again when speaking to the suppliers they were pretty confident that the external work will be completed by 11/05/17.
Again, apologies for your delay and we look to get you set up on fibre to the premises as swiftly as possible moving forward.

King regards,

Ben

clanla
Grafter

Hi Ben

Openreach have connected up the outside box and have told me that it is all working.

Cheers

Colin

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear. Happy surfing!

Ben

clanla
Grafter

Hi Ben

Can you arrange for the internal bits to be fitted now?

Colin

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Colin, I jumped the gun on my last message. I'm contacting our suppliers at the moment to get the order pushed along so we can arrange the internal work. I'll be in touch shortly.

Ben

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Colin,

So having contacted our suppliers they advised we are still awaiting the contractors that are doing the external work to send confirmation that it's complete before we can progress it forward to the internal side of things. They have said they have mailed the contractors but haven't received any response as of yet and advised to review on 12/05/17 for an update. I will be checking the order every day however for updates from here and as soon as we can book the appointment for external work I'll be in touch.

Apologies for further delays but I'll monitor from her so it'll save you chasing it upcontinuously.
Ben

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Colin,

I've dropped you an email confirming the appointment we arranged over the phone earlier regarding the internal side of your install.

Kind regards,
Ben

clanla
Grafter

Openreach came today and finished connecting me up and broadband is now working. 20 times the download speed I had on ADSL (which was 1.5Mbps or thereabouts).  Excellent, many thanks.

Colin

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear Colin,

Happy surfing!

Ben