Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBC FTTP availability

sp1ke
Grafter

WBC FTTP availability

Hi all,

For WBC FTTP to be available to me I realise I check on BT Wholesale checker but is this an exchange and / or line upgrade?

And also is it a plan to enable all exchanges like this or only a select number?   

Many thanks      

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: WBC FTTP availability

It is an exchange and infrasctructure upgrade, as it's a new Fibre connection it would be an upgrade to exchange equipment and new equipment externally.

As far as roll out plans go only BT know this but a country wide rollout would be good, with other technologies such as g.fast though I doubt FTTP will be rolled out everywhere.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@sp1ke

If BT Openreach isn't currently installing WBC FTTP in your area, then the best place to find out what is happening in your local area is the BDUK.

There are separate bodies for English council areas, Digital Scotland , Superfast Cymru and Northern Ireland Broadband Improvement Project so you will need to google which one is appropriate for you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
sp1ke
Grafter

Thanks to you both for the replies.

I'll have to ask the team upstairs responsible for the BDUK rollout in East Sussex, luckily I work in the same building!