cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Sure Signal

bigladuk
Grafter

Vodafone Sure Signal

Anyone on the Fibre Trials got one of these working ?
There seems to be a lot of talk about them working when PPPoe is used but I don't really understand why that would be.
I've spent literally days reading and rebooting but still can't make it and my Airport Extreme work together. I simply get the power light flashing which is documented as no internet 😞
Si
5 REPLIES 5
Goose
Dabbler

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal

I'm using a Sure Signal with my WNR1000 but it worked first time for me.  I do have an issue with the device itself but other than that it was plug and play for me.
I have noticed there are a few issues using your two devices together but I have seen no solution yet.
Might I just add the problem I have with mine at the minute is that when I call a number from one of my mobiles I get a random screech.  I have to end the call and try again which normally works first time.
bigladuk
Grafter

So even though the Vodafone "off shore call centre script kiddies" told me this won't work on connections that use PPPoE it's more likely a problem/compatibility with my Airport Extreme !!! I know the Airport Extreme doesn't support uPnP ( My PS3 tells me this when I setup that up on the Wifi ) so maybe this is the issue.
Are you on FTTP using PPPoE as well ?
Thanks
Si
Goose
Dabbler

Well yes.  FTTC using PPPoE.
I've been trying to find more details on how the VSS works but I'm having no luck as the Vodafone website is as dire as always.
I think because the AirPort doesn't support uPnP people have suggested setting a static address for the VSS then forwarding the ports, 50,123,500,4500.
You could try the following which well help you do this.
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/Vodafone_Sure_Signal.htm
I did a factory reset on mine last night and it's working fine again for both my mobiles.
bigladuk
Grafter

Thanks again for the reply.
Yeah I got the same information and tried Port forwarding but nothing...I just get the power light flashing which I believe is no internet connectivity
Rubbish 😞
bigladuk
Grafter

Just so I don't leave this open, I've taken my SureSignal to 2 friends houses, one with FTTP/Netgear router and one with Sky ADSL/Netgear router. It worked with no configuration on both connections so that means my problem is the configuration of the Airport Extreme so I'll pass this over to Vodafone/Apple to resolve
Si