Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed issue

FillDee
Grafter

Upload speed issue

Hi guys,
Any idea's why my upload speeds have dropped from ~16 Mbps to ~1.5 Mbps ?
Download speeds are 60 - 70 so they are great.
Thanks
Phil
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upload speed issue

That's a bit of an odd one. I've checked your account and can't see any obvious reasons for that. I'd advise that you raise a fault with us: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FillDee
Grafter

Well, I started the troubleshooter and the BT speed test got 11Mb upload....
Speedtest.net got 1.5
mybroadbandspeed got 1.2
broadbandspeedtest got 1.5
Thinkbroad got 5...
Strange..
Any ideas why these results vary so much? It was always the same before. Download speed varied quite a bit, but uploads where always rock solid around 16Mb. This is what I joined the trial for. 40Mb sec download is fine, I wanted faster uploads than the 2Mb on the base service.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You've done the right thing by raising a fault but do bear in mind that as 80/20 is a trial there are unfortunately no guarantees with down or upstream speeds but we will do our best to look into this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FillDee
Grafter

Hi,
Support gave me the "To be honest the upload you are receiving is within reasonable limits for the 80/20 service" line.
Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but why bother logging faults if they are going to quote "reasonable limits" to me ?
Maybe it's to do with the traffic around when I try the speed tests. Maybe it's another factor. All I know, from my perspective, it's changed. Dramatically. I can't see why.
Thanks anyway.
Rant over
  Angry
Phil