cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload profile you will not get 10 meg you will get 2 meg max

mozman

For some unknown reason plusnet have decided to cap the upload on FTTC with no option to increase it (even to pay for it).
([removed] - CSC Analyst
5:35pm, Friday 8 Apr 2011
Dear Mr Morris,
Thank you for getting back to us. I can confirm that we have a company wide cap of 2 meg on upstream connections. This is to ensure that downstream does not suffer. We are unable to uncap the upstream rate. )
I will be asking for a mac code as when I asked for the service I was told I would get nearly 10 meg up.
When I asked for my profile to be reset was told it would be reset to 40/10 but I got 40/2.
For the same price I am paying plus net I could use ADSL 24 or even (Sorry to say it) BT infinity as they are honest and up front with what you will get. At least with other providers you can choose.
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel): Reps name removes as per the link:rules]
8 REPLIES 8
TonyC
Grafter

Re: Upload profile you will not get 10 meg you will get 2 meg max

?Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and Bob Pullens comment elsewhere is that all people on the trial get 10M, if they sign up this month, after that it is capped
mxs
Grafter

I understand you are frustrated but give them a chance to put it right before assuming the worst.
Its not a secret that the launch FTTC product will be restricted to 2meg upload but those on the trial were supposed to have 10meg upload (confirmed by Bob Pullen as pierre says).  The normal support people will have been trained and given information about the launch product so it is no surprise they think it is correct (FTTC/FTTP trials were supported by the trials team and not handled by regular support up until now I believe).
It sounds like a few other recent additions to the trial were affected by this change - hopefully a member of the team will pick this up soon and get it fixed.
mozman

How do I get hold of bob.
mxs
Grafter

You can try and send him a private message via this link, or wait for him or one of the trials team to check the forum and reply here.    Many of them seem to check here regularly even out of hours so hopefully you can get an official response soon.
mozman

Cheers for that I have also put that info on my ticket and sent bob a message.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'll give Bob a nudge, in future you're more likely to see me posting in this particular forum so let me know if there's anything I can help with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
After speaking with the shiny-headed one I can confirm that we've addressed this issue and all fibre provisions should have a 10mb upstream. If this is not the case I would urge anyone to let me know so it can be rectified.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team