cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading speed on legacy FTTP trial

LouB
Dabbler

Upgrading speed on legacy FTTP trial

I have plusnet fttp, having kept it since the trial, without line rental, with a 36Mb speed. Is it possible to upgrade to get faster speeds e.g. equivalent of Unlimited Fibre extra at 66Mb, staying with plusnet and keeping the fttp (I can't get fttc broadband where I live). I know there are now much faster speeds available elsewhere, but I'd like to look at what's available with plusnet first.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Upgrading speed on legacy FTTP trial

@LouB 

Unfortunately it's no longer possible to get PN to upgrade you to a higher FTTP speed in pretty much any circumstances.

There have been several requests in threads on this forum for that, e.g. see this one - Upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20 for an explanation.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@LouB 

Now that the trial is closed they will not upgrade any existing users so if you want better speeds you will have to leave Plusnet, unless they start selling a proper FTTP product. (There have been some rumours that this may be in the pipeline but Plusnet aren't saying)

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@LouB 

The "bodges" that were used to create FTTP for customers on the Trial are no longer available to PlusNet staff so they can't change anything.

Brian