Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20

FIXED
misterbreen
Grafter

Upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20

Hi there,

Could you perform an upgrade on my line please (to 80/20). 

I understand this new speed will cost me around £25 - is that correct?

I currently dont have a phone line and that should continue.

Thanks for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20

Unfortunately I don't think they do FTTP upgrades any more, you may get a helpful staff member to respond but I expect you could be out of luck.☹️

misterbreen
Grafter

Looking at other threads here, the helpful staff have been able to make this easy change (even following the trial closure).

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello,

If you’ve got no landline service attached to your account that’s capable of FTTC then we wouldn’t be able to change your account type as our systems check for FTTC availability when processing a fibre product change. 

The workarounds we used to do back in the day to make this happen aren’t feasible now as it causes complications in our systems. Sad

Also we made a decision to stop selling broadband only packages as of 3rd December last year and as far as I’ve seen the option for us to change an account type to another broadband only package generally no longer shows.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
misterbreen
Grafter

Thanks for update. 

Just to confirm, I'm not looking to change my account type. I'm just looking for an increase in speed. That isn't an option?

Also, I wouldnt worry about 'cause[ing] complications in our systems' as my account is already a TOTAL mess. Changing my speed is not going to make matters any worse.

Any help appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

I’m afraid we won’t be in a position to upgrade your speed without changing your account type to the appropriate billing product.

Unfortunately we can’t change your account type if there’s no active phone number with FTTC availability as this is a system limitation. Sad

I apologise for the disappointment this causes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
misterbreen
Grafter

Crikey! Smiley

Thanks all for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @misterbreen fingers crossed things change in the future but that may not be until if or when we bring out a full FTTP product. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ndv
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

No problem @misterbreen fingers crossed things change in the future but that may not be until if or when we bring out a full FTTP product. 

Is there any hope of Plusnet offering 36Mb or 66Mb fibre to those of us stuck on ADSL (at 1.5Mb) who have no FTTC availability, but who now have newly available FTTP?
With FTTP being rolled out to many new areas where the only existing option is a phone line, there must be a growing number of people in this position.  I would retain my phone line, so that should get round the problem with Plusnet systems?
I know the current advice is to leave and switch to BT, but surely Plusnet does not want to lose so many long term customers?

Tags (2)
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @ndv

At the moment we have no current plans but this may change in the future - as of yet nothing's been commed out. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks. 

ndv
Dabbler

@Mads wrote:

At the moment we have no current plans but this may change in the future - as of yet nothing's been commed out. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks@Mads

I hope this situation will be resolved soon, otherwise Plusnet are going to lose a lot of customers!