cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited with FTTP

digitalfixer
Grafter

Unlimited with FTTP

I see from http://community.plus.net/blogs/ that a new Unlimited product is being released on Wednesday 19th.  Will this be available to those of use on the FTTP and 330mb FTTP trials and if so for how much?
If it stays the same as now i.e. £19.99 for the Extra Fibre 250GB limit then I would be intrested in moving to the new package.
Gary
14 REPLIES 14
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Unlimited with FTTP

Hi Gary,
Those customers on the 40 and 80Mbps FTTP products will be able to switch to the new products (although you'll need to raise a ticket to do it rather than use the Product Change link on our website). For the 100/110 and 330Mbps products I'll need to get back to you as there's a few things we need to work on before we can make decisions on those yet.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dasx199
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
I'm also on an FTTP trial connection (100MB) and interested in the new unlimited product. Any idea when you'll know if we can switch to it?
jwhosborne
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
I'd be interested too in the unlimited option.  Also, another question, now that BTW have said they are going to rationalise the FTTP products, what does that mean for us, as the 100/30 won't be an option.
Thanks
Julian
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The announcement of the withdrawal of the 100 and 110Mbps FTTP products has complicated things a little. We're going to have to move all of our customers on the 100/110 products to something else. Moving to 80/20 makes sense logically (and makes the Unlimited move easier) so if you want to move to Unlimited and the 80/20 speed then happy to do that, otherwise we need to work out what to do with the 100Mbps users.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
AndyH
Grafter

Any plans to join the BT 220/20 trial?
I would be v. interested if you are.
Thx
jwhosborne
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
220/20 would be preferred (or 330/30).  Any chance of being move to unlimited 220/20 (or 330/30) for the same price as the 100/30?  If not will the 80/20 unlimited be the same price as the 100/30?
Thanks
Julian
AndyH
Grafter

The 220/20 product won't be launched until 1 June according to this - http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/super-fastfibreaccessbriefings/super-fastfibr...
It seems like there is no cost for the product for PN during the trial/pilot from BT, so I would hope some people on the different 100/110 services could move to that until the product is launched officially. Hopefully PN would price it similar to currently.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think Dave is saying you can have Unlimited 80/20 FTTP for the same price as the new Unlimited FTTC 80/20 - but whereas you will get 80/20 the FTTC users it's pot luck what they actually get!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
digitalfixer
Grafter

Hi Dave,
At the moment i am on the 330/30 trial and the 250Gb limit Fibre product and not really getting near the limit.  So for now I will await and see what options you come up with for the Fibre Trialist and what product options become available.   
keeps54
Grafter

Is there any update yet as to what will happen to us Bradwell Abbey FTTP 100/15 users? I'm looking to understand what speed/cost/download limit I'll be looking at when the 100/15 package is discontinued.
Whilst it has been great being on this trial getting these speeds it seems also a hindrance due to the uniqueness of the connection compared to the majority of fibre users (FTTC) and most ISPs do not understand the difference or even appear to know of FTTP.
At the moment I've not come close to using my 60GB allowance but my usage has been increasing rapidly lately as I make use of catch up TV more and more. BT report I can get 160/20 unlimited from them but this comes at a shocking £35 per month and I have to take phone with them. Sky don't seem to be able to offer me fibre at all as I can't get FTTC!
Cheers, Paul
AndyH
Grafter

It looks like BTO are no longer ceasing some of the FTTP variants.
On their site, it shows:
40/2
40/10
40/15
80/20
100/15
110/15
110/30
330/15
330/30
None of these have an operative until date listed anymore - so I assume they are no longer going to be discontinued.
digitalfixer
Grafter

Hi Dave,
I see from the recent anouncment that there have been some activity around new fibre products for Business.  I was wondering if there are any updates for FTTP Home users and the 330mb trialests which originally was only supposed to last until March, i.e. what options will there be for the FTTP going forward?
Gary
jayp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi Dave
Further to your post of 17 Dec 12 i have raised a ticket (70556160), however the support team are contradicting your recommendations; i hope you are able to access the ticket and the details will become more clear.
thanks
Jay  
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

AndyH/keeps54 - The 100 and 110Mbps FTTP variants are going to be withdrawn so we'll be contacting everyone on these products nearer the time to switch them to a different speed variant. We've not decided which yet, need to run the numbers through. You can move to the Unlimited Fibre product although you can't do it via the website (if you raise a ticket and then send me a PM I'll get it sorted) and keep the 100Mbps speed until we contact you.
digitalfixer - we had planned on running the 330Mbps trial until March and effectively merge the trial into the FTTP on demand trial (as they both offered 330Mbps) but we've still got some FTTP on demand orders going through that are taking longer than we expected to install so we're leaving the trials running a bit longer so we can get everyone installed and give them time to actually use the 330Mbps. I'm expecting about half of the outstanding FTTPoD orders to go through this month but some of the others will take a bit longer so we'll leave the 330Mbps trial running until September now and make a decision then about what to do next.
jayp - I've replied to your ticket.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology