Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial over

FIXED
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Trial over

If you click on the link in my previous post that will allow you to send a ticket to the right people.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Very few of PlusNet's staff are trained up on the FTTP product (as it's a trial) so it looks like you've been unlucky with the one you got.

As mentioned in the previous post you need to go through trials.plus.net  to sign up for the trial.

One of those PlusNet staff who are trained in FTTP will eventually respond on this thread (they may all be "off" for the weekend.

Brian

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @paradestores

@paradestores wrote:
I was notified today that the trial is finished and plus net is no longer going to continue with FTTP as it is not cost effective.

This is the first I've heard of this.

However as Strat mentioned, is does sound similar to what happened with the FTTPoD stuff, which I appreciate you've said you weren't asking about.

@paradestores wrote:
ive not been able to call

I'd strongly recommend not calling if requesting to join the FTTP Trial to be honest as not everyone is trained on FTTP, so the likelihood of getting through to someone that happens to be trained on it isn't particularly great.

Requesting to join the trial should be done over on our trials page on the member centre at http://trials.plus.net

Having said this, I wouldn't recommend doing that while dslchecker is currently showing that WBC FTTP is not available.

Leave this with me for now and I'll look in to this further.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to add to my previous response, I've noticed something I initially overlooked earlier.

Unfortunately the only packages currently on offer as part of the FTTP Trial are Residential packages, which may be the reason you were given the answer you advised when calling to discuss this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
paradestores
Dabbler

Part of the telephone and support ticket Question 149157743

Was to transfer from business to residential so to be able to go on the trial.

I had to state what the reason was to transfer which is why the whole FTTP trial got mentioned in the first place Cheesy

Not had a reply to the support ticket no further contact from Plus Net apart from the replies here. My feelings on it was also with yourself and that I need to get the dslchecker to state that it is available before pressing forward.

Not sure to why it has suddenly been taken off. It was on there for 12months and I had an email from fibre.enquiries@openreach.co.uk confirming it was available to order.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@paradestores wrote:

Part of the telephone and support ticket Question 149157743

Was to transfer from business to residential so to be able to go on the trial.

Apologies, I'd not noticed that previously.

@paradestores wrote:

My feelings on it was also with yourself and that I need to get the dslchecker to state that it is available before pressing forward.

I've done a bit more digging and checking on the address actually does show WBC FTTP, so with this in mind, feel free to go ahead with transferring over to a residential account and raising a ticket over at trials.plus.net (With the information requested on the trials page) to join the trial.

Once you've done this, give me a nudge and I'll get that picked up for you Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
paradestores
Dabbler

Okay just got off the phone my account has been converted to residential and I have been set with a new residential package which will be live from the 16th.

Should I proceed now with submitting the trial or wait until the 16th?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Feel free to put that through now and I'll get it picked up. I'd be extremely surprised if we can get you on FTTP before the 16th (Unless there is an existing ONT there) so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
paradestores
Dabbler

Ok form submitted. Let me know if you need any further info. It has been allocated the question no. #149380099

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks, there's a response on there with more information now Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet