Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todays News from BT

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Todays News from BT

My g.fast are now LIVE from last week.I was right as 80/20 doesn't mean you will get 330/50. I am within 250m away from the cabinet and only estimate speed for g.fast are 211/29 high or 184/12 low. But, sadly Plusnet do NOT offer any g.fast product how strange is that because BT, TalkTalk do have g.fast product are the same brand name BT with Plusnet.

g.fastg.fast

New g.fast pod addedNew g.fast pod added

DaveyH
Champion

@goldenfibreBut, sadly Plusnet do NOT offer any g.fast product how strange is that because BT, TalkTalk do have g.fast product are the same brand name BT with Plusnet.

It's not strange at all.

BT, EE and Plusnet are still three distinct brands catering to different demographics that all now just happen to operate under BT consumer umbrella

Plusnet is the groups low cost brand and therefore doesn't always offer all the services of it's more premium brethren.

Take Plusnet mobile for example, there's no VoLTE, VoWiFi or SMS short code support,  you have to look to the premium brands for those features

krusty
Rising Star

EE could just take the BT packages straight off, where as PN has its own infrastructure.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

PN are going downhill lately eg:

Poor mobile plan

Poor support

Poor account billing ongoing issues

Poor products (no g.fast)

krusty
Rising Star

BT have made a mess of PN, the only reason to stay with pn over say ee is that the sports app is cheaper and that you can get a static ip. The issue of fixfox not being able to access the inline frame is pure bt/pn's fault. And yes the mobile offering is an after thought.

I've said my piece on fttp/g.fast already

DaveyH
Champion

Short or selective memory methinks!

Plusnet maybe far from perfect atm, but it's nothing like it was in the bad old days before being acquired by BT, having been run into the ground by it's former management.

krusty
Rising Star

I did leave PN for a short while because of the issues.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been locked as it was going off topic and the original question was answered. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'