Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #178702721

FIXED
PreGP
Rising Star

Ticket #178702721

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether I am being impatient but I've tried to apply for the FTTP trial with the above ticket number three days ago and so far have heard nothing apart from the standard automated email acknowledgement of my ticket query being received. I know that the FTTP trial is not dealt with by regular support staff but given the normal response time of 24 hours I'm wondering after three days whether things have got lost...

The BT wholesale dsl check now has my property as finally showing FTTP available with a 1 stage Install Process which could possibly mean only one engineer visit is needed although I'm not holding my breath on that as the current openreach mastersocket is on the first floor of our building and when openreach had to repair the copper line when a tree branch fell on it earlier in the year they had to use a cherry picker to get up to it!

Could someone check up on the ticket for me and offer some reassurance that everything is preceding normally? I'm really looking forward to not having to battle with the 2.5 Mbps adsl download speeds we've had for the past 15 years!

Thanks

PreGP

6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Ticket #178702721

@PreGP

One stage does mean one visit - all things being equal!!!

The first paragraph of the narrative in the DSL Checker results will mention FTTP. It'll end something like "OH feed......." - this should tell you if OR are expecting trouble with the install.

A PlusNet FTTP trained staff member will pick up on this - you've just been unlucky if the ticket's 3 days old.

Brian

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

I'll get this picked up and your orders placed now

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PreGP
Rising Star

Thanks for this. I've now got an installation date for Friday next week so fingers crossed....

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Thanks for your reply @PreGP, we will continue to keep you updated and notify you upon completion of the order.

Let us know if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
PreGP
Rising Star

Well, Openreach engineers arrived this morning. Needed a cherry picker to reach the second floor but managed to get the installation done in about three hours. Used my own router rather than the Plusnet Hub One and I am now getting download speeds more than twenty times faster than previously despite being warned that it might take Plusnet a few days to get the speed adjusted. One very happy bunny. Smiley

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear it's all up and running @PreGP!

If you have any issues, please do let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team