Did you mean: 

Ticket #167635277

FIXED
rmburnley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Ticket #167635277

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, another no-show from BT today, and no word from them either. If you're able, please could you lean on them again to try and get a confirmed date?

Many thanks,

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Rich.

I've just spoken to the FTTP team at Openreach.

They've advised that they haven't received any further updates from the contractors yet.

Unfortunately as the start date for the external work is showing as the 9th April and the required by date is showing as the 16th April, we've been asked to check back on the 17th April.

However if the work is done before this then Openreach will contact you to arrange an expedited appointment to for the internal work at your property.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rmburnley
Dabbler

Had a missed call from a mobile number I didn't recognise today, but showed up as 'Chris Moran' in the log?? This was then followed up by a text message on the same number from someone called Kirsty saying that they were calling from Map Group on behalf of Openreach. She said that engineers attended the site today and discovered that new duct is required, and that they would need my permission to have this installed, so could I provide my email address so that they could send the necessary  form and information about the work required.

Firstly, someone has been in at my property all day, and no-one called in. Given that every other time an engineer has been sent out they've had to knock on the door and ask what it was they were supposed to be doing, it's a miracle if this time they've managed to turn up and *not* have to ask questions.

Secondly, the installation of new ducting / trunking / digging of a ditch was mentioned by the very first engineers to come on site on 9th February. They too said a form would need to be filled in and permission given. I signed the form then and there, and they took it back with them. Have they lost it? Forgotten the site survey ever took place? Seriously, [-Censored-]?

That's now over two months ago and I feel like I'm answering all the same questions all over again. What's more, I get the feeling that even if they provide this paperwork (which as I mention above I've already signed and given them back in Feb), engineers will then just turn up and say they can't do the work because they need someone to do the pavement work first.

What's more, the engineers that do turn up are getting more and more fed up and frustrated too, as though it's me wasting their time! I honestly don't know what to do now.

PlusNet / Gandalf - I'm making an impassioned plea to you: please can you spell out in very small words for BT that they need to book someone to come out and do the pavement-side work, THEN book someone to come out and do the ducting work, THEN someone to do the internal install? In THAT order? And not to just randomly book engineers to come out only to find that they can't do the work or that another team needs to do their piece first? And for them not to get frustrated with me for the situation when I'm just as / even more upset about it than they are?

Rich

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Unfortunately this is typical of BT Openreach's inefficiency and incompetence to plan the correct sequence of procedures to achieve the desired result. I would find it so frustrating to go through the repeated no-shows and aborted visits that you have experienced and I would not take kindly to Openreach staff blaming you for wasting their time. I had a delay of a few months when I upgraded to FTTC because although the cabinet was ready and allowed orders to be placed BT had neglected to connect the fibre at the head end exchange. Luckily my ADSL connection was still working so it was not a problem, just an annoying delay that was totally out of mine or PlusNet's control.

I hope that PlusNet can put some pressure on Openreach to get their act together but I'm sure the staff here are as fed up with these debacles as you are.Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you're having Rich, and apologies for the lack of informative updates on your ticket. I can see one of my colleagues had raised an escalation with our suppliers BT Wholesale on the 5th April.

They're escalating this with Openreach, in turn they've escalated it to their contractors who are working on this. Unfortunately the update they received from the contractors doesn't appear to be informative, so they've requested further info. We've been advised to check back on the 13th.

I do sincerely apologise again for the poor experience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Support,

I've posted some updates on my ticket, please could someone check and reply?

General gist is that the external works look to be finally complete (!), but some confusion around when the internal works are likely to take place, so I can be sure I'm around for it.

Many thanks,

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the updates Rich.

Just called the FTTP team, but it looks like we'll need to wait for their systems to update with the engineer notes before we can confirm your appointment date for the internal work.

Hopefully tomorrow brings some good news.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for that, let me know if you hear any more from them or get a confirmed date.

All the best,

Rich

rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Literally just had a call from Openreach to arrange the internal works - booked in for this Friday am! So, fingers crossed this all goes to plan and I finally have fibre for the weekend!

All the best,

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that Rich.

Fingers crossed indeed it goes smoothly!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

I'm delighted to report that at long last, I have FTTP! Very helpful and knowledgeable Openreach engineer arrived today and carried out the internal installation work. Very neat and tidy, and good job done.

At the moment, I'm getting a steady 8MB down and 20 MB up. Is there anything you need to do / enable to crank that up, or does it just sort itself over time?

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I'm using my own router (a Draytek Vigor) as the Openreach engineer said it was probably easier to just stick with that than switch to the Plusnet router.

All the best,

Rich

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

PlusNet need to do something to switch the account, but don't call customer service as they probably will not know what to do.

@Gandalf may be able to sort this.Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Rich.

I'm delighted to report that at long last, I have FTTP!

I'm glad to hear your FTTP is up and running (Finally, if I may say so myself). Smiley

Very helpful and knowledgeable Openreach engineer arrived today and carried out the internal installation work. Very neat and tidy, and good job done.

If you would like to give your thanks to the engineer, I'd recommend filling out this form to let Openreach know: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c

At the moment, I'm getting a steady 8MB down and 20 MB up. Is there anything you need to do / enable to crank that up, or does it just sort itself over time?

You've probably already received a couple of e-mails by the time you read this, but I've changed your account type on our side and set your speed profile accordingly. If you reboot your router you should see faster speeds.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rmburnley
Dabbler

Fix

Hi Anoush,

Many thanks for this, and for bearing with me though all the BT fun and games!

Just rebooted the router, and the speed has instantly shot up to 70 Mbps - excellent! Really chuffed with that, considering how slow ADSL is around here! Big grin on my face right now! Smiley I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days, see what it stabilises at.

Big thanks to you and the team for getting all this sorted for me - I don't know whether you managed to light a fire under BT these past couple of weeks, but that seems to have done the trick! Looking forward to some stable, high speed internet usage now!

All the best,

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Rich.

I'm glad we're finally there and your FTTP service is up and running.

Feel free to let me know if you need any further help in the future.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet