Did you mean: 

The weirdest situation.....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: The weirdest situation.....

Hi there.

I'm sorry to read of the delays you're experiencing with your FTTP order.

I've spoken with the FTTP team at Openreach and it looks like a physical survey is required.

We should have more of an idea as to what work needs to be carried out by the 10th April.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Thanks Anoush, I appreciate all the efforts that PlusNet are putting in, and you and your colleagues always respond when you say you will!

I'm sure that you can appreciate the frustrations at the lack of any kind of energy at BT Openreach to fix customer issues. It feels like every statement they give is at a week's leadtime, and then only leading onto the next week's leadtime wait before another statement. I would have expected them to have decided on a site visit and offered a date for this visit at the same time, not to wait a week, decide on a visit, wait another week, decide when it will be.....

I'm only dealing with this once, I feel for you having to go through this similar issue hundreds...if not thousands....of times with other PlusNet users.

Keep up the good work Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. Smiley

Fingers crossed next week brings some good news.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Updating on the BTOR activity.

Site surveyors turned up this week to assess our cabling situation. They're planning on installing two larger poles which will carry the fibre, and transfer over the copper lines at the same time. Unfortunately looking at a delay of several months as their poles team is 'busy'.

So some movement but looks like my case will be open for some while yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just called the FTTP team at Openreach, and they don't yet have an update from the surveyors with regards to when the external work will happen. We should know more tomorrow.

So some movement but looks like my case will be open for some while yet.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

We're pretty rural down here and BTOR cover a wide area. It happens that their depot is literally 2 miles down the road, but they cover an entire county area so backlogs take a whole to get through. Back in the storms of 2014, we lost out copper cabled net around 6 times in less than a month, twice taking out hundreds of pounds worth of kit. They were worked to the bone in fixing issues around Cornwall; the guys we had around were on permanent overtime!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Doesn't sound too good over there. Sad

I've just spoken with the FTTP team and the order has gone back to their planning teams.

We should know more on the 18th.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Good Morning!

@Gandalf, could you check up with BTOR today? Haven't heard anything from them directly.

No more planning notice so maybe it's been cleared....or the wind blew it away 😐

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with an update.

Our suppliers FTTP team have received conflicting information from the planning team. In the notes on the order, the planners have advised that the costs for the work required are below threshold so the work will happen.

However, they've also sent a request/activity on the order asking to accept higher costs.

Due to this, it looks like your order has been stuck in limbo for a week or so. Sad

The FTTP team have sent an email over to them now asking for clarification.

We should receive an update before the end of the week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

....asking to accept higher costs....

This doesn't sound good. What are the implications? Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If the cost is more than Openreach would cover then they'd ask us to pay the remaining amount.

Unfortunately I believe that means we'd ask you to pay the amount or cancel the order.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that, and honestly the notes they've left do appear to be promising.

Hopefully it's just a case that they've clicked the wrong button on their system.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Aft'noon Smiley

Just checking in for any changes to our ticket with BTOR; any chance they have an installation date for the poles? Or at least confirmation that they will be OK to install without a downpayment!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Afternoon @FxAxF

Unfortunately there is a cost for the work required. Sad

I'll update your ticket with more info shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Keeping this thread alive.....

Four months on and still no date from Openreach regarding an installation. It's astonishing that each stage is reached with a further delay of one to two weeks before the next is mentioned by Openreach, with a subsequent one to two week delay for the related activity.

@Gandalf is still closely watching my ticket, but we're now waiting for Openreach to confirm the five day exterior work (pole installation) before internal work can take place. Openreach are truly useless at taking any affirmative action.

I know none of this is down to PlusNet, but I really feel like a firm escalation with Openreach might now be needed to get some sort of movement on this. Four months for an installation is simply ridiculous.

Thanks to @Gandalf and the FTTP support team for the help thus far.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just checked the progress of the order and can see an appointment has been made. I've updated ticket 168271771 with more information. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team