cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

flack
Dabbler

Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

Hi, any idea how I can get some attention on this?  i was accepted onto 80/20 trial last Wed and sent a trial router Zyxel NBG4604 which despite the interface being clunky, I've settled down into my network.  My issue is that it seems that in practice no-one has actually changed my profile from the Plusnet value fibre 40/2 one - or seems to want to - despite the fact that after waiting for things to happen, I've now raised 2 tickets about it.  I raised the second after being advised by the first support analyst (who understood!  :)) to do so because that was needed before the 'fault' could be escalated to BT.  I've now been told from the second ticket that there's no fault and that my speeds are fine for a 40/2 profile....erm well yes... ....that was what I said... hmmmm  Embarrassed  Feeling I am going round in circles here.  I've replied making the point yet again...... that the profile does not seem to be correct, but am now feeling this trial will be over before I can really even get onto it... Embarrassed  Quite disappointed because my speeds on Value fibre have been so good and the service I have had from Plusnet/F9 has otherwise been excellent!  Best regards all,  Helen.
55 REPLIES 55
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

Hi, any idea how I can get some attention on this?

Hi there, you just did Smiley
My issue is that it seems that in practice no-one has actually changed my profile from the Plusnet value fibre 40/2 one

No, that's definitely not the case as I can see you were put on an appropriate profile when we put the order through for 80/20 about a week ago, the reason you don't see anything with 80/20 on in terms of a connection profile is purely as it's a trial, in fact we actually have you on something that displays on our side as a 20mb profile which is in actual fact a 100mb one.
However let's not get bogged down in that as I'm pretty sure you gathered from the diagnostic test results on your ticket that BT seem to have you on a 40mb profile, I must apologise but I think this has been overlooked that you're on 80/20 now. Let me get this back to the faults team and I'll make sure this gets looked into properly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flack
Dabbler

Thanks, I am seeing some action on the  ticket to escalate the issue to BT now, as it appears to be 'stuck' at their end of things, will see how it goes from here Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that, we'll get you sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shadowff6
Grafter

Sorry to cut in on your ticket, but I have exactly the same issue. Could you take a look at things for me as well Adam?    Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi shadowff6,
Just ran some quick tests and there seems to be a few things going on. I'd suggest raising a fault so it can be investigated further.
Jojo Smiley
Dave777
Dabbler

Hi guys.
I have the same problem with being stuck on the 40 profile somewhere! BT have changed the upload profile to 20 but still getting 2 up!
Ticket 54410451
Cheers
Dave
BT SPEEDTEST RESULT

FAQ

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
13 Mbps

0 Mbps 29.91 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 13 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-29.91 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 29.91 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
1.7 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.7Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
Dave777
Dabbler

I should add that this is using the original Netgear router. The Zyxel has arrived now.
Please help!
Dave
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave,
Just made a change to the connection type on your account, please let us know if that doesn't make any difference?
ETA: Looks like the move to 80/20 hasn't completed yet (at least as far as BTs systems are concerned) so that could well be why. Even if you're seeing the higher sync speeds, if the back end systems at BT haven't been updated then you won't get the full speeds yet. It shouldn't be long though Smiley
Dave777
Dabbler

Thanks Matt, still nothing yet!
Still getting 30 down and 2 up.
Do I need to keep rebooting the FTTC modem and the Netgear or will it just pick it up?
Cheers
DAve
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As I understand it your modem and router will just pick up the new speeds, you shouldn't need to reboot anything.
artisan
Dabbler

Hate to say this but having exactly the same problem as OP since I requested to join the trial on 12 Apr 12.
Ticket 54311721 - any chance someone could look at this for me or is this a system wide issue?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi artisan, I'd read back through my last couple of posts on this thread re that issue: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102776.1056/topicseen.html
someone from the faults team should be getting back to your ticket ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
artisan
Dabbler

@Adam
The support team did - they said 'Updated.' - which was a bit cryptic.  Rebooted modem, still syncing at 1997 / 39985 kbps.  Have supposedly been on this product for well over a week, so re BT saying waiting for the line to stabilise..... ???????
artisan
Dabbler

OK, this is interesting, BT speed tester reports IP profile as 38.7 Mbps down, 20 Mbps up....
Bizarre.  Syncing at 40/2