cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

goldie333
Dabbler

Re: Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

At least we still have a connection so we can raise these issues they should have a dedicated team for these trial as some of the people I've spoken to haven't got a clue and some don't even know there trialing 80/20 and say there's nothing wrong with my connection in fact they say it's better than average.
artisan
Dabbler

@goldie333
I'd make sure you raise your issue as a question on the website.  You tend to get more sense than ringing up.
Dave777
Dabbler

I have been on it for about 2 weeks with no change. I was told today on the phone that add tickets only slows things down! BT want to visit even though they fitted it all originally. They didn't turn up on Saturday and booked again for Wednesday morning so fingers crossed.
The faults team are supposed to be looking at my connection now so I hope we can get to the bottom of the issue. As you say at least my connection is as solid as ever at the standard 40/2 speeds.
flack
Dabbler

@ Dave 777, I also had a 'failed' BT engineer call on Friday last,same deal, have by now had a lot of discussion with Plusnet staff not all of whom appear to me to have understood the issue - as also noted by others above .  Currently waiting to be put 'back' to 40/2 with BT (Hmmmm....  well actually in practice I never left!!....)  following which the regrade order to 80/20 will be put through again = we'll see if it works then, will let you know in 48 hours or so!  I have also recently been told that my line may be too long for higher speeds than 38Mb and 40/2 - oh yeah?  I'll no doubt be able to see, if only someone would please just uncap it....  There do seem to have been problems with some of the orders for the 80/20 regrades it seems...
v70ben
Grafter

After having had an issue with a screwed up profile - it's just been sorted Smiley
After trying a few things, it was eventually decided to drop the 80/20 back to 40/2 to fix the profile.
The regrade to 40/2 did indeed fix the profile, and tonight the regrade back to 80/20 has just gone through Smiley
Now got 80/20 working just fine.

As an aside, from personal experience - If the BT/OR Modem is unlocked, you can see the maximum attainable line speed on the webportal of the modem itself. It's not exactly hard to do either.
Dave777
Dabbler

BT finally been. Redid all my sockets etc. Then discovered that no one at BT had actioned my 80/20! It was in the system but ignored! Improved a bit now getting 33/7 instead on 29/2 as I have always got. He said it should be higher due my short line length and there is a problem with their system here!
Fingers crossed.
My ping halved from 20ms to 9ms on speedtest.net too.
Dave
v70ben
Grafter

If you have an unlocked Modem - then you can see yourself as to what your line will actually support.
dick:quote
flack
Dabbler

FIXED - BT speedtester lite result a few minutes ago was 73.3 down and 10.6 up!!!! Cheesy Smiley Cool    Profile showing at 75.5 down and 20 up......WONDERFUL!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Not too bad for a line that:
"may be too long for higher speeds than 38Mb and 40/2"
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Dave777
Dabbler

Mines still stuck at 33 down and now 7 up!
Conflicting advice from BT, one side says 47 down is the best I can get the other say 33 aarrgghhh!
Chinster
Grafter

I'm having the same issues.  Would someone be able to progress for me,  as the ticket is moving slowly.
Ticket # 55147079
Profile was wrong then supposedly corrected but still seeing no difference from 40/10.
Thanks!
Mark.