cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

Dave777
Dabbler

Re: Stuck on 40/2 profile - what has happened - or hasn't??

Matt, still no change to mine!
Any ideas?
Dave
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave,
As I said earlier, your order hasn't completed yet.
There will be no change until the order is complete.
Dave777
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Matt.
I assumed not long meant any minute!!! Just keen to try it out, and when I spoke to someone there yesterday I go the impression it was a quick fix.
I appreciate you updating this thread.
Dave
flack
Dabbler

Hi, original poster here...  My  issue is still not sorted either, despite 2 separate fault tickets and a lot of testing resulting in my being told that the order with BT had been completed  today ...BUT ...it's still stuck with exactly the same symptoms as artisan mentions above.  Have stopped and started, taken screenshots, checked router till blue in the face and even upgraded the firmware to try to get rid of another issue unrelated to the profile....  not sure what else to do now, just waiting for response to the last info I put on the  second ticket...  hoping to get onto the trial before it closes.... Sad
Dave777
Dabbler

I suppose this is the point of a trial; to find these issues before people are paying for it!!
So far it has definitely been a trial!!!!
Still no change here, but I don't know if BT or the fiber support guys do weekends on this. Let us hope Monday brings some change!
Dave
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Several similar issues here http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/bd-p/BTInfinity from people who are on a 'live' product rather than a trial, perhaps PlusNet got it right by not 'rushing in' with an official launch until the bugs are ironed out?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Dave777
Dabbler

I agree it is definitely a good idea to trial these changes. Plusnet seem to think mine is a BT fault, I hoping they can raise a fault for me to see.
Dave
v70ben
Grafter

I have the same issue  Angry
PN say all their side is correct, and have posted an update on my support ticket with the information from BT GEA which says i'm on a 40/2 product  Embarrassed
They placed another 80/20 order - which completed on Monday at midnight by latest - yet my speeds and profile is still wrong.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@v70ben
I've alerted Alex to have a look at your fault ticket so you should have a response ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
v70ben
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@v70ben
I've alerted Alex to have a look at your fault ticket so you should have a response ASAP.

Thanks Adam Smiley
I'd have tried the new router again, but I'm concerned that by disconnecting/reconnecting and messing about will hide the problem and just give an excuse as to why it's not working correctly.
GEA Details are
GEA:
Sync Status
In Sync
Downstream Speed
40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed
2.0 Mbps
Appointment Required
Y
Fault Report Advised
Y
Profile Name
20M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 1M-2M Upstream, Interleaving Off
Time Stamp
NA

GEA being the BT Openreach Generic Ethernet Access
Based on the GEA Profile for my line, it's pretty apparent where the problem lies...
Dave777
Dabbler

I am still in the same boat too. The fault team are investigating now, but my speeds have not moved since BT supposedly put me on 80/20!
Dave
flack
Dabbler

I also have still got the issue of profile not moving from 40/2.  This is following the BT job apparently having completed.... BT not Plusnet, are apparently insisting on sending an engineer, and will not run further diagnostics without that, so one was booked and I was handed a standard spiel about possibility of a £60 charge = which I do think is well!!!  Huh over the top in these circumstances.  BT engineer did not show today and I was asked by Plusnet to confirm that I still had the issue as the speed on my line was showing as 33Mbits on test which was fine for 'your 40 Mb line'  !!!  Not over happy with not even being actually on the trial yet, and with failed appointment, and with the lack of attention being paid to the job notes... Huh  This is taking such a long time.... Sad  Is there some sort of denial going on at BT????
Dave777
Dabbler

Flack, we are still the same. I have an engineer booked and got the exact same text re £60. I sent a ticket to say that it is not my fault! I have been sitting here all Saturday afternoon missing my kids and still no sign of BT. they are due between 1pm and 6pm so still time!
Driving me mad. My profile shows 40/20 but get 30/2 as I have always had and it has never moved.
Dave
Dave777
Dabbler

BT Openreach no show!
Very angry and disappointed. PlusNet apologetic but can't get back my lost Saturday and hassle involved. Do I get to charge BT £60 for their fault now!!!!!
Please PlusNet can someone sort this whole 80/20 thing out!!! I know you want to!!!
I know it is a free trial and that is the whole point of this. However, getting conflicting info, non appearance for booked appointments and slow replies shouldn't happen as without these things we cannot improve the service and make it ready for full deployment/sale.
Dave
davidcrocker
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
As I understand it your modem and router will just pick up the new speeds, you shouldn't need to reboot anything.

This is NOT what I found. Without me touching anything, my upload speed increased from sub-2Mbps to nearly 16Mbps, but my download speed was still around 38Mbps, the same as it used to be before I requested the upgrade. After several hours like this, I disconnected the Openreach modem from the VDSL faceplate for a minute and then reconnected it. The download speed went up to 56Mbps immediately.