cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck/Broken Profile - Should be 80/20 - but at 40/20....

v70ben
Grafter

Stuck/Broken Profile - Should be 80/20 - but at 40/20....

I've decided for future use for others, it's probably more helpful to have it's dedicated thread.
Initially the upgrade from 40/2 went through fine, got blisteringly fast speeds, and consistent ones too.
Initial speeds were around the 72Mb down, with 16Mb up and ping times of around 16ms.

however, some time later after noticing a slow down - did the BT speedtest and found my profile was set to

Other speedtests confirm the BT Speedtester, with a consistent 35>37Mb down, and only 1.6Mb up (Despite the profile being 38.72 down, and 20 up)

On one of the faults, the Plusnet agent helpfully placed a dump of the GEA details for the line (Openreach Generic Ethernet Access) which shows the Cabinet profile apparently.
This gives
GEA:
Sync Status
In Sync
Downstream Speed
40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed
2.0 Mbps
Appointment Required
Y
Fault Report Advised
Y
Profile Name
20M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 1M-2M Upstream, Interleaving Off
Time Stamp
NA

As you can see, theres a mismatch between that and what the BT Speedtester reports the profile as, yet it sort of explains why my upload will not go above 1.6Mb despite the BT Speedtester showing it's an alleged 20Mb up....
After that, the PN Fibre Team pushed through another order for 80/20 on my line with the thinking that this would "reset" the faulty profiles.
This completed on Monday at Midnight, yet the profile from the BT Speedtest site has shown no difference, and my speeds are the same.

After ringing PN again, the faults team have now decided to push through an order for 40/2 and effectively "reset" my line back to the original product, after that has completed <Hopefully successfully> they are then going to push through an order for 80/20.
I've now got to wait 48 hours <as the order process is 24 hours per regrade>, so by midnight tonight I "should" get a 40/2 product and profiles, and tommorow they'll push an order through for 80/20 again.
We shall see, but as it's a trial, this is part of the fun.... and I'm happy for them to try and resolve using whatever methods work best, and hopefully it may help those who in future have similar problems - as I understand many BT customers and many PN Triallists have had the same issues.

I was very tempted to unlock my BT modem and see what the hells going on with it - but at the moment, I don't want to introduce anything that may muddy the waters too much Wink
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Stuck/Broken Profile - Should be 80/20 - but at 40/20....

FYI for others reading this thread, we've identified an issue with BT's records in the case of the OPs fault and we're working with them to get that fixed ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flack
Dabbler

Hi, i hope mine can be added to the list too, posted separately about it on 17th April..  I have never had the 80/20 profile, been going on (or not! LOL) about a fortnight now....
Chinster
Grafter

Please add mine too as am having the same issue as these chaps Smiley
Ticket 55147079
Chinster
Grafter

Just got an SMS from PN to say my speeds are within limits but they are going to check it anyway.  This doesn't inspire me as the speeds haven't changed since switching to the 80/20 trial!  I dont mind as they initially told me nothing was wrong then found a stuck profile which they reported as fixed but still nothing has changed.
If PN are serious about offering this as a product they should definitely look into the reason why so many people are getting stuck on the wrong profile. 
I will keep patiently waiting Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'd expect this will be picked up by BT provided sufficient faults are raised on the same issue, and hope yours is picked up soon (I can see we've escalated it for you now). We'll be updating you as soon as we hear anything.
Chinster
Grafter

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.  My profile is well and truly stuck at the moment  Grin
dick:quote