cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps on how to apply?

anytbut
Grafter

Steps on how to apply?

Currently on a up to 40 meg package with anytime calls on the phone......seen my cab/exchange (Strood) is FTTP enabled so i'd love to take advantage of the little extra speed (35 down/6 up atm).

Would going to up to 80 meg would entail a change in billing from current? Also, when signing up do i just send it in blank or do i have to state anything when applying?

Don't want to apply and change or get something i don't need or already have! Cheesy

14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Steps on how to apply?

You're currently on FTTC and FTTP isn't available for your line I'm afraid.

It's more likely that some areas are FTTP enabled but yours isn't.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Hi @anytbut

It is unusual but not entirely unheard of that FTTP is available to customers who can get FTTC.

When you checked if you are able to get FTTP using the BT Broadband checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=...
did the the first line of the "Featured Products" results says "WBC FTTP" ?

If so then you can apply for the trial at http://trials.plus.net/ 

Plusnet only offer 2 speeds for FTTP,  40Mbps down/2Mbps up or 80Mbps down/20Mbps up. And the price is the same as for FTTC, so you would see a price increase by going to 80/20.

If the DSL Checker shows FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand) then Plusnet do not offer that product.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JoeTaylor95

Hello Matthew,

Just a quick one, with my CLI is it possible for me to get FTTP(?)

I've checked on the Wholesale site and it does display I can be FTTP but I'm not too sure if the trials are in my area as it isn't really a city.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Joe, 

would you mind PMing me your CLI Smiley

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had a check on your CLI, unfortunately the service showing available is FTTP on Demand. This was a very costly(many thousand pounds) installation method whereby you'd pay for the entire infrastructure to your home from the nearest fibre distribution point. Openreach no longer sell this service and put their trial on indefinite hold.

For us to be able to provide an FTTP connection, the dslchecker will need to show "WBC FTTP", if this does show up in the future the way to apply is by going to trials.plus.net and choosing the FTTP trial option.

JoeTaylor95

Ahh [-Censored-], hopefully my exchange upgrades Embarrassed

Thank you though! Cheesy

anytbut
Grafter

Strange, as when checking i get....

Tho the account details are different now as we're living in Cuxton and the exchange is Strood.

So, going by that test i can apply for the trial?

Assuming it's yes, when applying do i keep my current contract length (about 18mths left) and the same phone details....i.e anytime calls or do i have to take the phone on applying?

It's that what's throwing me a bit. Cheesy

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's the FTTP on Demand part on the left that is the issue, that means there is no infrastructure close to your home for a normal FTTP service at the moment. The demand trial was stopped at the Openreach level a while ago.

As you have FTTC available the changes of FTTP in the near future are quite low, but things can always change Smiley 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@anytbut The response from SpendLessTime is pretty much spot on.

Unfortunately it looks like only FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand) is available. You'll need to keep an eye out for WBC FTTP as FTTPoD isn't included on our FTTP Trial.

@SpendLessTime wrote:

When you checked if you are able to get FTTP using the BT Broadband checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=...
did the the first line of the "Featured Products" results says "WBC FTTP" ?

If so then you can apply for the trial at http://trials.plus.net/ 

Plusnet only offer 2 speeds for FTTP,  40Mbps down/2Mbps up or 80Mbps down/20Mbps up. And the price is the same as for FTTC, so you would see a price increase by going to 80/20.

If the DSL Checker shows FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand) then Plusnet do not offer that product.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
David_W
Rising Star

@anytbut what it would look like if you could get FTTP is : fttp.PNG

anytbut
Grafter

Ahhhh, missed noticing that bit in my excitement!

Damm and blast....guess it's finger crossing time, thanks for the help/advice anyways all. Smiley

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

is : fttp.PNG

IMO BT seem to have introduced an anomaly in that table (mines the same) in that although the connection is FTTP, it says at the bottom 'VDSL Multicast'.  I'm pretty sure before the changes it used to say 'Fibre Multicast'.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@RobPN Recently most of the 'Fibre' wording changed to VDSL. What used to be the FTTC Ranges now shows VDSL Ranges:

My estimates.PNG

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@HarryB wrote:

@RobPN Recently most of the 'Fibre' wording changed to VDSL. What used to be the FTTC Ranges now shows VDSL Ranges:

Obviously referring to VDSL is technically more accurate than calling it 'Fibre', which it shouldn't really have been called in the first place!  Maybe they'd better get their thinking caps on because as mentioned in my earlier post, they're now not giving an accurate description of the Multicast service available to FTTP punters.

I note they've also renamed as 'ADSL Multicast' what used to be called 'Copper Multicast' which I guess really covered both ADSL and VDSL even though they used to give both descriptions (Copper and Fibre) for VDSL lines.