cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP address & charges

smj

Static IP address & charges

Hi,

Before I moved from ADSL to FTTP I had a static IP address, sometime after the move this changed to a dynamic IP address. I spoke to someone on the phone and they reapplied a static IP (different from the one I previously had), this worked but the download speed was then limited to ~20Mbps. I spoke to someone else the next day and they informed me that my account was still showing that I am on ADSL and this would limit my download speed. After some discussion on the options they then removed the static IP and my speeds returned to FTTP levels and they informed me that there was little they could do over the phone. They suggested that I should contact the trial team to look into this and get the static IP reassigned and keep the FTTP speed.

My other issue is that since moving to the FTTP trial in Sept 2018 I have not been charged anything for this. The person I spoke to on the phone told me that there is currently an issue with the back-end systems for billing. At that time I had 5 months where no payment had been taken, right now there are 8-9 months where no payment has been taken. Can you tell me what the situation is with this and what will happen when the issue is resolved?

Thanks,

smj

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Static IP address & charges

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @smj,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your static IP / speed and account billing.

The speed will have been reduced as when you have a static IP address the throughput is affected by the account connection profile. I have made a change to your account, added the static IP and you should now be able to get the maximum throughput for your product while having a static IP. I have sent you the new static IP via ticket and you can access it here.

I'm afraid that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we're working hard to fix these issues. I would like to reassure you that as you have received a bill from us recently, we're doing all we can to try and get everything back on track. Under these circumstances where bills have not being generated for longer than a 90 day period, we will only charge for the last 90 days leading up to the bill being generated and anything prior to this will be removed. We're also happy to set up a payment plan if the 90 day bill period is not affordable in one payment.

Once billing has resumed on your account, we will be back in touch.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
smj

Thank you for sorting out the issue with the IP address.  The router has picked up the new static IP and I have tested the speeds which seem to be ~74/20 which is the same as before the change so all seems good.