Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issues on FTTP 330Mbps?

Sherlock
Dabbler

Re: Speed Issues on FTTP 330Mbps?

Hi Dave,
I've also been experiencing 18-19Mbps Down, 30Mbps Up which is the same this morning.
If you could amend my line profile too whilst the temporary 330/30 issue is being investigated that would be great.
Thanks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Sorry, thought I'd got everyone, I've set both to 100Mbps, you might need to disconnect/reconnect for the change to take effect.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Sherlock
Dabbler

Thanks Dave, that's much better! I'll keep an eye out for any updates you have regarding the 330Mbps profile.
Smash2u
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
I just wanted to check-in on the 330/30 profile issue.  It's been 3 weeks since this was raised and I note that my ticket has been put on hold till mid-May.
Is there any additional information you can provide the users on this forum on what the issue is, what's being done and where the bottleneck lies?  I understand that this is a trial service and am happy to wait till this gets resolved but would appreciate any additional transparency you're able to provide.
Thank you,
Smash
zoggie
Dabbler

It has been a month now with the trial members being reduced from 330/30 to 100/30 and I come to the
conclusion (in my opinion) that this was done by Plusnet deliberately and here is why I think so.
1. no update or comunications regarding this fault.
2. the stringing along of the 330/30 trial members, their future, like speed and pricing for months now.
    People here have asked several times what will happen and we all have been told wait they don't know yet.
3. the customer service reply I received yesterday from a ticket I raised several weeks ago regarding limits.
    I went over my limit for the first time (3 years with Plusnet and trial) and have been charged £15 extra
    with a note that if I change to one of their unlimited packages they will waiver the extra charge. ( get rid of
    one trial member)
I guess the overheads of such a long trial start to show and keeping us all on 100/30 will reduce overheads.
I don't mind going on an unlimited plan but the customer service staff can't even tell me what speed I will get
or how do to it as they don't know about this trial. It always has to be put on hold and it takes weeks for them to
come back with an answer.
Dave I think you should do a training course with you being the trainer for all your CS staff maybe a video you
can send to each CS member to watch so they know about the trial, so people like myself don't get so frustrated
when dealing with CS.
Just a thought.

Thomas
digitalfixer
Grafter

Hi Thomas,
Well said and I totally agree.  I first asked the question about what was happening with the 330/30 trial nearly 12 months ago and was told that a decision would be made by June 2013, then it was September then December and the most recent one by March this year.  I maybe a bit luckier than you as I managed to move to the 250GB download package when it came out. So currently paying £21.49 for a 250Gb limit which I have never got within 100Gb of, so quite happy with the package.  But I would like to understand what is going to happen and what if any costs will apply for what service.
I don’t have any real complaints about the Service I have got from Plusnet and the Help desk staff have in my opinion always answered my questions.  However, I moved to Plusnet in November 2010 so I could join the FTTP Trial in Milton Keynes and get 100/15.  Three and half years later and FTTP is still a trial and there seems to be even less knowledge about when it will become a mainstream product and what it will look like  now than there was then.  So come on Plusnet make a decision on what is happening with both FTTP in General and in particular the small number of us who have been helping you trial the FTTP product and the 330/30 product in particular over the past few years.
In my opinion FTTP once installed just works, is rock solid and provides a great internet connection.  In the 3 ½ years of using it I can’t recall a single instance when it has not been working and until the recent issue with the 330/30 trialists suffering slow downloads I have never had any speed issues. 
Around 2004/5 I also took part in an earlier FTTP trial that BT ran which was for 10/2 and then 20/2 and the same thing then, once installed it just works.  When I went back to ADSL and the 2mb Down/400k Up I had several issues with the line dropping and interference from things like Christmas lights something that I never got with FTTP either in the first BT trial or since.  So really don’t understand why Plusnet are still trying to decide what to do about FTTP.

Gary
AndyH
Grafter

I think it's more a question of what Plusnet would need to do their end to launch FTTP as a commercial product - upgrade their ordering systems/checkers/website/backend system and train the provisioning/support staff.
That's going to be a lot of work for such a small number of current or potential customers (there's just over 10,000 FTTP end users at the moment in the UK). I would imagine resources are quite stretched at PN at the moment and there are other, bigger priorities from a company viewpoint.
jwhosborne
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
I am having the same issue.  I've reset all devices and am still only getting 20nb.  Can you move me to the 100mb profile until the issue has been resolved.
Thanks
Julian
Smash2u
Dabbler

Not sure if it is related but I'm currently getting about 6-8Mbps.  I've done all the usual steps (restarting routers, ONT, using wired connection) but I'm still struggling with that speed.
Anyone on here having similar troubles just now?
Also, Dave, any updates on when/if the speed profile for us 330Mbps trial folks will be resolved.  This lack of updates is absolutely horrible customer service...
zoggie
Dabbler

Dear Dave,
I have been trying to resolve an issue I have had for several weeks now and Plusnet CS can't help me with.
I have gone over my 60GB limit last month for the 1st. time since joining Plusnet 3 years ago due to my
wife and children using Netflix and Apple TV now and was wondering if there is any way of having my limit
increased like some trial member have to 250GB. I am willing to pay extra if needed.
CS told me I need to change to an unlimited package but are not able to give me any pricing, speed details
and want me to sign up a complete new account.
Would it be possible to stay on the trial and increase my limit as it looks like I will be going over my limit this month
and every months in the future due to Netflix and Apple TV?
Thomas
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: jwhosborne
I am having the same issue.  I've reset all devices and am still only getting 20nb.  Can you move me to the 100mb profile until the issue has been resolved.

Apologies for the delay Julian. I've just done this for you.
@zoggie, I've reset your usage for this month, although there's only a couple of days left in this paid period anyway. I may be wrong, but I think business rules dictate that you'll need to move to one of our FTTC products if you want to take advantage on an increased usage allowance.
Regarding plans for a commercial product, I can tell you that there's nothing planned short/medium term that I'm aware of.
I'll give Dave a nudge about the 300Mbps+ profile because I've had little involvement with that.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

zoggie
Dabbler

Hello Bob,
I am more then happy to pay the £22.49 for the unlimited package but as I already have FTTP why would I cancel
this and change it to FTTC? I would also like to stay on the trial. Is there a way of charging me the £22.49 and
leaving my connection 330/30 or as it has been for a while now 100/30 FTTP?
Thomas
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I don't see a problem with that at all. Raise a ticket requesting it and if you come up against any resistance then give me a nudge.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jwhosborne
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks Bob,  it is now up at 100Mbps.  I would be also interested to know what is causing the issue when this information is available.
Thanks
Julian
varsava

Dave/Bob,
I've got the same problem with the 20Mbps cap when it used to be 85 Mbps.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Gary