Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness issues with FTTP, mainly video streaming

YellaFella
Grafter

Slowness issues with FTTP, mainly video streaming

Hey,
Anyone been getting issues with this? Not sure if its because its part of the 60GB bandwidth package or cos I'm on FTTP. However I've seem to notice (maybe coincidence) after late noon till midnight, it seems any streaming sties seem to be throttled, namely stuff I watch via xbox, same for downloading demos etc.
Another thing is youtube seems to be throttled all day long, its slightly faster after midnight but you'd assume it be instant more or less given that its compressed video most of the time. Anyone shed some light on this, or if you have similar issues?
I've rebooted the NTU and router, but same...
2 REPLIES 2
youngsyp
Grafter

Re: Slowness issues with FTTP, mainly video streaming

If you're on the Plusnet Extra service, streaming traffic should be un-restricted. If it's coming from Xbox Marketplace though, that may be classed as "download servers" which would explain any throttling.
YouTube will be throttled to 2.5Mb/s between 6pm and 10pm but, should come down at line speed at any other time.
Not much more I can add other than the issue with YouTube seems a bit odd.
Paul
YellaFella
Grafter

Re: Slowness issues with FTTP, mainly video streaming

Yeah is a bit strange, don't know how the xbox thing works, other times, it just plays as it streams.
Don't watch bbc iplayer or 4OD so not sure if other users get the same issue with that too?