cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds downloading ps3 patch

ferdy1985
Dabbler

Slow speeds downloading ps3 patch

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue.
I am on the fttc trial and I noticed last night when trying to download a 1.8Gb patch for a ps3 game that the download is very slow.
It doesn't say on the ps3 how fast the speed is but anytime I try to download it, the starting estimated minutes left is at least 6 hours.
I have reached speeds of over 20 mbps in the past although a quick check on speedtest shows 9mbps download speed from pc and 1.5mbps from mobile.
I would let the update run regardless but I always eventually get an error in download message - this may or may not be due to the download speed/quality of connection.
The ps3 is wirelessly connected to the network and I cannot wire it as it's too far away from the router.
Could anyone offer a suggestion as to how I can solve this?
Thanks a lot!
Andy.
2 REPLIES 2
ferdy1985
Dabbler

Re: Slow speeds downloading ps3 patch

Update: I tried to download the patch again and it worked fine, just took under an hour to install. Not sure what happened in comparison to before,  maybe was just a speed blip.
Vistrix

Re: Slow speeds downloading ps3 patch

The PS3 can be a pain sometimes when its internet performance degrades. Keep in mind its wireless G and not wireless N (so that may reduce the speed if the signal is weak).
Also, make sure your PS3 has a type 2 or 1 connection to avoid any speed / port blocking issues (see here for a tutorial: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3025578?start=0&tstart=0)