Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed

hondaman750
Dabbler

Slow download speed

hi,

this morning my download speed is only 3 to 7mb and upload as low as 0.27,and that's when the speed test does not fail,

can someone look into this please,

thanks.

update---------

back up to 75/20 after a reboot,but would appreciate a look though.

thanks again

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow download speed

Hello there, 

I've just been running some line tests and everything seems to be as we'd expect, no sign of any faults etc. Were you connecting over WiFi or LAN when you noticed that problem? - Adam ​​​​​​​

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hondaman750
Dabbler

hi,

i'm connected by cable,the connection has been fine ever since i rebooted this morning.

thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
leehowarth
Grafter

I used to get this loads, although I would be connected via ethernet I'm confident it was the WiFi causing the problem. The WiFi is so problematic on this router that it would grind the router to a halt regularly and a reboot always fixed it temporarily. If you look at the routers Config page on 192.168.1.254 you should be able to navigate around pretty quick and smooth. I often noticed that applying settings or browsing around the config was really slow and often unresponsive.

My solution was to buy a mesh network kit and switch the Plusnet routers WiFi off. It works perfectly good as a router, then just let the mesh adaptors do all the WiFi work. I now get perfect coverage throughout the house and more importantly I get full speed everywhere too. It sounds like such a simple thing but it's now easy using the router config as it is really responsive, I use it a lot to make access control changes.