Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed

FIXED
Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Slow download speed

I am on a 80/20 connection and have just done a speed check and only getting approximately 21Mbps download though upload is correct 20Mbps, have tried a reboot of both the router and BT modem checked again and no different, would appreciate someone taking a look. 

18 REPLIES 18
dvigelis
Grafter

Re: Slow download speed

My fibre speed dropped below guarantee too. Terreble
Hobo
Rising Star

I have been on the PlusNet FTTP trial since 2013 and this is the first problem I have had in those five years, it is still quite usable though obviously not what I should be getting.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Sorry to hear this @Hobo.

Can you advise if you are seeing the issue with your speed solely on wireless connections? or wired connections also?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @dvgelis,

I can see we are assisting you on this thread here. Please let us know how you get on with the trouble shooting there. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Hobo
Rising Star

Hi,

I am on my desktop next to the router and connected by ethernet, I always used wired when doing a speed test.

Hobo
Rising Star

That is not my thread and nothing to do with my problem.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

@Hobo Any chance you can retest?

Should be fixed now

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Hobo
Rising Star

Hi Matthew,

Many thanks speed fixed, now back to 78/20 Mbps, faith in PlusNet restored again. Smiley 

Hobo
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler

Can anyone explain why after five years on the FTTP trial and having a speed fault rectified I have now received an email from support telling me 'Your broadband product change is now complete', what product change?

I only reported a speed problem and for some reason they appear to put me on a new contract, why?.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I wouldn't worry about it, I suspect your FTTP service had somehow changed back to the ADSL2+ download profile and Mathew Wheeler has corrected it so the message is probably some quirk of PlusNet's flaky back end systems chucking out an automated response.Smiley

dvigelis
Grafter

Strange my broadband improved aswell
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Hobo,

I've checked your account and the product change email was generated automatically when @MatthewWheeler made some changes to your account to resolve the issue. I can confirm that your contract/products haven't been affected, sorry for any confusion that this email caused.

@dvigelis, I'm glad to hear that your connection has also improved. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further issues with it.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Hobo
Rising Star

Hi @EmilyD

Thanks for the clarification, just could not understand why an apparent new contract had been generated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Hobo

It looks like to fix this Matt just changed your account type from the legacy 80/20 package you're on to the current 80/20 package. Essentially this hasn't changed anything except fix the stuck speed profile.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet