Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up hub one on fttp install day

chris1610
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Setting up hub one on fttp install day

My fttp install is scheduled for Thursday, I received hub one last Saturday. In order to see how well the new proposed location for the router would work, I've connected it to the ADSL there and recycled my previous router as a wireless access point, as wifi doesn't reach everywhere from the new location.

Now I'm wondering if I've created any problems for myself by connecting the hub one to ADSL before the fttp install. Not sure to what extent it might have auto-configured itselt for ADSL when it first booted up. Will I need to factory reset it after the ONT install, or will a reboot or manual reconfiguration be sufficient?

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Setting up hub one on fttp install day

As far as I'm aware, that shouldn't be a problem as you'll authenticate on the same broadband username and password over the new FTTP connection as you currently are on the ADSL connection.

If you do have any problems, do feel free to factory reset the router though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chris1610
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Setting up hub one on fttp install day

Thanks, I'm probably just over-thinking. I assumed it would be trivial to connect, but it's only in the last day or so that I've realised that I can't actually see any WAN settings of the type that were visible on previous routers I've owned, in particular (for example) no place to specify PPPoE. I'm guessing the router is clever enough to work out what it is connected to, and is customised to only expose minimal settings, which in this case appears to be just login and password. I did notice in the log that on start-up it reports it's current and previous WAN connection types, which suggests that it works out how to connect on each reboot.

(While writing that last sentence it occurred to me to look at the log of my previous router, a BT home hub 4, which  running without a WAN connection at the moment. The log is full of messages saying "WAN auto-sensing running", so it looks like I was right.)