cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service unavailable

intertree
Grafter

Service unavailable

I've been getting the following error when trying to connect after a random router reset today:
"Connection could not be established: Service unavailable"
This is the most frequent error, but I am also getting the fabled "Concentrator unreachable" from time to time as well.
Any ideas how to fix?
49 REPLIES 49
intertree
Grafter

Re: Service unavailable

I've already tried turning both the vdsl modem and router off for over 30 mins and turning them back on one at a time.
Same results.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
There's another customer with exactly the same problem, I've asked one of the fault guys to take a look and run some tests on it for you.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
intertree
Grafter

Just tried connecting up the old Netgear router to Adsl instead of Vdsl to see if I could get a solid sync light.
Would not stop blinking, no connection found.
So, after trying this I restarted both the Vdsl modem and the Thompson router. The Vdsl modem does have a solid link light but there is still no joy in connecting.
Any chance there is a problem with the Thompson router? I was having this problem occasionally before if you look back through my posts, but that was when the datarate for my connection was set too low.
My only other thought is that there was recently some maintenance work going on with BT's 21CN (according to your site's service history) perhaps that's a possible cause?
intertree
Grafter

Anyway, upshot is I have no connection of any sort from home at the moment.
All my access happening through my phone.
intertree
Grafter

Also just tried connecting to speedtest@speedtest_domain to see if the problem is soley on the Plusnet side.
I again am getting the messages 'Service unavailable' and 'concentrator not reachable'.
Seems there is either a fault with the router or a general BT fault.
intertree
Grafter

Any news?
maynep

I'm getting the same error from Friday afternoon after the BT engineer installed the new socket / modem as I've only just joined the FTTC trial. When I contacted Plusnet I was asked to try the following with router resets between each but so far no luck: 
User Name: bt_test@startup_domain.
Password: test.
User Name: bt_test_user@plusdsl.net.
Password: test.
Also followed the "Concentrator not reachable" thread that bypassed the router and connected straight to the modem with no success.  Hopefully there's a fix for this problem.
Cheers,
Paul
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I think there's a major outage somewhere as there's 4 of you reporting the exact same problem. A problem and error message I've not seen before either so something sounds very fishy. We've sent a different model of router out to one customer and the problem is still the same and we've tried testing with a PC direct to the BT modem so I think there is an issue BT side. I'm on the phone to them at the moment to try and identify what's wrong.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

Just got installed 10 mins ago no luck recieving the same error , vdsl modem has dsl lights on and all
thanks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've got faults raised with BT to try and find out what's wrong and I'm trying to escalate as there are 5 of you affected now. Will keep you posted.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
mike456
Dabbler

Hi Guys
I'm having the same issue since Sat - I've raised a ticket.
Regards
Michael
the_norris
Grafter

Hi guys,
Not sure if getting the same problem as you - my connection just stopped working about 30mins ago - using my mobile phone via 3G to do this.
PPPoE connection connects fine - get IP and DNS details to router.
Can resolve names to IPs ok using Plusnet DNS servers.
Can ping PN DNS servers ok.
But can't ping anything external to PN ie on the internet - google.co.uk
Is this the same as you or is this a new fault?  I phoned Support to see if there is any wider issues at PN that could at effect - not reports was the reply.  The CSC agent has emails Dave the details too.
Phil
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

Not even getting a connection mate even when using the bt router directy to the pc , get error 691
Thanks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Phil - as per our conversation on IRC, I've no idea what caused the problem but hopefully it's all fine now

KpLUnREAL - 691, that's different to what the others have had, can you check that the username and password are right, should be in the format username@plusdsl.net
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology