Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfied customer

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Satisfied customer

Well I have had FTTP for well over a month now and I'm pleased to say it has been as solid as a rock. A good 35M download all the time and no outages.
Although I never had any serious problems with ADSL -but  I'm still glad to be rid of it - it is a flacky technology at best and so dependent on the line and connection being right - which as we all know can not be the case.
It's also good to see this:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7345-improved-deal-should-mean-superfast-broadband-for-new-build-...
Improved deal should mean superfast broadband for new build premises
"For developments of over 100 premises due to the amount of new infrastructure needed a variable amount of co-funding will be needed, FTTC and FTTP will be offered at the same cost on the rate card."
So hopefully new developments will see the rate of FTTH increase
8 REPLIES 8
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Satisfied customer

you've got FTTP and you only get 35Mbps?
Mal08
Rising Star

I only wanted 38M - and the 35M is acheived over the wi-fi.
I previously had only 2M on ADSL so this is a great improvement.
If PN market the 55/10 product for a reasonable incremental price I will go for that but I dont need 75M download just now. But the 10M upload would be useful.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

get a better router and you'll get the full speed possible.
never understood people settling to sub-standard speeds due to poor cheap hardware, moreso when they are technical enough to participate in trials.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: chenks76
... moreso when they are technical enough to participate in trials.

No real need to be particularly 'technical' with this so-called trial though as I suspect the actual 'trial' stage was completed ages ago.  It's just still a called a trial because there are only a handful of PN staff capable of provisioning it, and it sometimes takes a while to get the installation organised.
Mal08
Rising Star

Quote from: chenks76
get a better router and you'll get the full speed possible.

There's no need for me to be a geek and get a few percentrage increase - which we never notice in everyday use.
the speed is limited by BT/PN - nothing to do with the router which performs quite well thank you.
geoffb

Another satisfied customer. From enquiry to completion took about 6 weeks but would have taken longer without the Forum as this was the only way to get questions looked at. in a reasonable time. PN definitely need more FTTP support staff but the rest of their team seem to understand broadband via ADSL or to a smaller extent FTTC and FTTP goes over their heads. As the future of broadband is going to be full fibre to the premises I agree with a previous comment that they should stop calling it a trial and get on with it as a main stream product with proper support.
Mal08
Rising Star

Good to hear that Geoff - I agree
Col
Dabbler

I agree.