cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of phone line

boxy_1

Removal of phone line

Hi
I’ve been on the fttp trial for a little while now and have no use for my phone line , does anyone know the best way to get this removed from my account , I tried talking to online chat and they were addament that I cant have broadband without a phone line but t I’ve read on here previously about people paying £2.50 and not having the phone line.
Any help on this would be appreciated ,
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Removal of phone line

You've done the right thing posting here. Because it's a trial the PlusNet back office systems are not integrated with the FTTP service. As far as most Help is concerned you need a phone line.

When one of the PlusNet trained staff responds they'll sort things out. Have a look at post 13 on the following thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Request-to-Cancel-Copper-Line/td-p/1473981

Brian

boxy_1

Hi
Thanks for the reply Brian , have you any idea how long it normally takes for a member of staff to reply , as I be heard nothing yet .
Thanks
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Hopefully your post will give them a nudge!!!

Only a few members of staff are trained on FTTP matters so I'm afraid you just have a to wait. I'm one day into waiting to hear about engineer available for my FTTP install.

Brian

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for the delayed response here @boxy_1

I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this Here.

If you could response via the ticket, I'll get that picked up as soon as possible for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
boxy_1

Thanks Harry
I’ve responded to the ticket.
Best regards
Jason
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Jason,

Harry's out of the office this weekend, but I've picked this up for you now and removed the phone service from your account following your phone line ceasing. I've also arranged for a pro rata refund of your line rental to be sent to you.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet