Did you mean: 

Re: Moving to new build with FTTP

FIXED
Highlighted
mrlambo
Hooked

Hi Harry,

I'm an existing customer moving to a property with FTTP already run to the house (with that slim white box in an upstairs cupboard). Is that the ONT? What does that mean?

I also expect that due to there only being FTTP, that explains why I can't "Check Availability" on the PlusNet site, but i can on BTs...which says I can have 330mbps.

I have a completion date of 24th Jan 2019, what info do I need to be able to move my account to the new property?

Thanks,
Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Fixes: 669

Moderators Note

Post split into its own topic 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Plusnet Alumni (retired) Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 36

Fix

Hi @mrlambo, thank you for getting in touch with us.

It does sound like you do have an ONT (Optical Network Terminal) in your property , which is just essentially a fancy term for a modem which will be used to connect to your router and get you connected to the Fibre network.

As we do not currently offer FTTP, I would advise that you speak to our Customer options team regrading your house move. They will just ask you to confirm a few simple details such as your new address and planned move date etc.

You can reach them on 0800 013 2632 - Monday - Friday 8 am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 7pm and Sunday 9am - 6pm.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Satss
 Plusnet Help Team

bmc
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

@mrlambo

You do need to speak to PlusNet to confirm what's what. As mentioned in another post I believe you have to move ISP.

If you look at the following link you'll get information on the OpenReach ONT box. Once at the Fact Sheet page there is a further link to the manufacturer's page.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/new-equipment-for-installing-ultrafast-broadband-in-newl...

Brian