Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moving to new build with FTTP

FIXED
mrlambo
Hooked

Hi Harry,

I'm an existing customer moving to a property with FTTP already run to the house (with that slim white box in an upstairs cupboard). Is that the ONT? What does that mean?

I also expect that due to there only being FTTP, that explains why I can't "Check Availability" on the PlusNet site, but i can on BTs...which says I can have 330mbps.

I have a completion date of 24th Jan 2019, what info do I need to be able to move my account to the new property?

Thanks,
Paul
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Post split into its own topic 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Fix

Hi @mrlambo, thank you for getting in touch with us.

It does sound like you do have an ONT (Optical Network Terminal) in your property , which is just essentially a fancy term for a modem which will be used to connect to your router and get you connected to the Fibre network.

As we do not currently offer FTTP, I would advise that you speak to our Customer options team regrading your house move. They will just ask you to confirm a few simple details such as your new address and planned move date etc.

You can reach them on 0800 013 2632 - Monday - Friday 8 am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 7pm and Sunday 9am - 6pm.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to us.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@mrlambo

You do need to speak to PlusNet to confirm what's what. As mentioned in another post I believe you have to move ISP.

If you look at the following link you'll get information on the OpenReach ONT box. Once at the Fact Sheet page there is a further link to the manufacturer's page.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/new-equipment-for-installing-ultrafast-broadband-in-newl...

Brian