Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #164335005

FIXED
wncfc
Grafter

Re: Question #164335005

Ooops - just managed to close the ticket accidentally.  Had a new one opened by customer services referring to the old one - its now number 168416679 if anyone needs to refer to it.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'll get it updated shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wncfc
Grafter

Well I am totally confused as to what is really going on.  The Openreach engineer told me that there was nothing else to be done internally, and once the routing had been sorted the light should stop flashing and I would be ready to go - just needed to plug the ethernet cable into my router.

The engineer called last week just to see if it had been sorted because he was in the area.  He said again it was just a matter of the light stopping flashing.

I've just now had a call from Openreach (their appointment procurement team I think he said!) to make an appointment to complete the internal work!!!!  I explained that I thought there was nothing needed doing internally, but he couldn't see on his system anything other than making an appointment.  The first available was 1st March which I accepted, but I really thought it should have been sorted before that.  I reckon the engineer will call then, and still find he can't get connected!!!

Anyone at Plusnet able to get to the bottom of this?  

PS - I've added the appointment information to the ticket.

wncfc
Grafter

@Gandalf

The engineer called yesterday, despite the snow, and spent a long time trying to sort it.  However, he got absolutely nowhere and I am in the same position as after his first visit.  I may be wrong but it doesn't look as though Openreach did anything on the route in between visits.  Anoush, is it possible for you to get to the bottom of this and get Openreach to sort it with some urgency.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your FTTP order.

Our suppliers have advised us that this needs to go back to the planning team to investigate. We've been advised to check back on the 9th. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wncfc
Grafter

At long last I am connected.  Full speed straight away.

I am not sure I fully understand what the engineer has done, but he was talking to someone on the phone for quite a long time.  They were struggling to find where my line was connected to and it turned out to be in a panel well away from where it should have been.  It looked as though it was going to have to go back to the routing team to find where the problem was and then the engineer decided to try something else.   I think he connected me to a different port on the pole (not sure though) and that got me working.   Got to say that, although Openreach seem very poor at an admin level, the engineer has been brilliant, and I do feel that Plusnet have pushed everything as much as they can.

Now to sort my phone line out.  I have had an email to say that my call plan is being retired and that I will be moved to a new one.  As part of this move I can leave without penalty.  I know I can cease my landline but keep my FTTP (with an extra £2.50 charge), bit does this mean I can do it now without early termination charges?  If so, can this be taken as my notification of this.

I intend to set up a VOIP account with Sipgate basic and port my number over to them.  Is there anything else I need to do at the Plusnet end to do this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So glad to hear your FTTP connection is finally up and running.

With regards to your phone line I'd recommend letting us know over here once you've started the process of porting your telephone number to your new provider, so we can check your account on your port date.

This is because when your number is ported away, your phone line will cease and a ticket will generally be created automatically raised to our billing team to close your account. Ideally we wouldn't want that to happen. Smiley

Also there'll be no early termination charges.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wncfc
Grafter

Thanks 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for letting us know.

I've raised a ticket on your account to monitor this.

Let us know if the actual port date is sooner than the 24th.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wncfc
Grafter

All went well on the 24th. There was slight delay on Sipgate's side but all sorted now.  Thanks to 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problems at all @wncfc

Let me know if you ever need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet