Did you mean: 

Price Increases

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Price Increases

@Gandalf 

I'm on the FTTP Trial with a monthly contract and no landline.

Is it possible to "fix" my current price by signing up to a 12 or 18 month contract?

Thanks

Brian

PS - I have 3 neighbours who will probably be interested in your reply!!!

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Price Increases

Hi @bmc If you're on a broadband only product with no discounts, you're either out of contract or within the last 3 months of a contract, and you're wanting to simply recontract on the same monthly cost I don't see any reason why not. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @bmc 

I agree with @Gandalf on this. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to look into something for you. 

I'd give them a call when they are open. You can reach them on: 0800 013 2632

Opening Hours:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday  
9am - 7pm Saturday  
9am - 6pm Sunday

Kind regards

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@bmc wrote:

@Gandalf 

I'm on the FTTP Trial with a monthly contract and no landline.

Is it possible to "fix" my current price by signing up to a 12 or 18 month contract?

@bmc 

I'm in a broadly similar position (difference being I still have a copper landline but it's with BT).

Do you suspect a price increase over the immediate horizon?

bmc
Hero

bmc
Hero

Thanks for the staff response.

I'll look into this in November, either by phone or by using this forum. As it's FTTP I've always found it's best to ask here.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @bmc 

As a development to this, I've recently got some clarification that we shouldn't recontract FTTP customers, however we are able to provide a discount if appropriate/in line with our retentions processes.

Reading the trial terms again Here the article actually does specifically advise that "there is no minimum contract term on the FTTP trial unless an existing contract has yet to expire which would be carried across". I think those on the FTTP trial we (myself included) arranged to recontract may have been done in error without the correct understanding at the time.

Unfortunately this means that your plan to freeze your broadband only price on a fixed term contract wouldn't work. It's still definitely a good idea to call customer options though as we may be able to offer you a discount.

Sorry that this isn't good news, I thought it'd be best to let you know before you called in to us though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

Thanks for the clarification.

Oh well, it was worth a try!!! Don't see any point in phoning the Options team as I'd not be able to convince them I could get a better deal elsewhere!!!

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Brian and yup generally speaking our FTTP prices seem to be a lot cheaper than other providers. 

(At least from what I've seen whenever I've had a looksies at their websites)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

My neighbours and I are all on the 40/10 with no phone line. I believe our price is at least 30% cheaper than anything  commercially available. It might be different if we had / needed a phone service but none of us do.

If PlusNet ever offer a FTTP product it'll not be at the price I pay (or anywhere near it now they're stopping Broadband only deals)!!!

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bmc For theirs and your sake, I hope we never bring out a full FTTP product. Cheesy

Joking aside, I'm afraid all good things must come to an end though. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi @bmc 

As a development to this, I've recently got some clarification that we shouldn't recontract FTTP customers, however we are able to provide a discount if appropriate/in line with our retentions processes.

@bmc wrote:

@Gandalf 

Thanks for the clarification.

Oh well, it was worth a try!!! Don't see any point in phoning the Options team as I'd not be able to convince them I could get a better deal elsewhere!!!

Having just passed my last billing date before the price increases materialise I thought I'd try my luck with getting a discount (which I don't think I've ever tried before), so I phoned the number given earlier in this thread.

The option for 'I'm thinking of leaving' seems to have been removed so I settled for option 1.

Even though I thought it improbable, and without even suggesting I was thinking of leaving, I asked if it would be possible to contract for 12 or 18 months to get a price reduction.  The young lady on the phone actually asked if I was on "Fibre To The Premises" (which I didn't expect given what we're told about front-line staff not knowing of its existence), and asked me to hold while she enquired.

When she returned she explained that she couldn't put me on a contract but she could give me a 12-month discount, and the amount offered turned out to be worthwhile so I gladly accepted.

Happy days!  😀

PS  I'm on FTTP 80/20 (equivalent to Unlimited Fibre Extra) with no phone.  (My phone is still with BT).

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @RobPN

We're really glad to hear that you got a better deal. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to give us a shout!

Kind Regards

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@RobPN wrote:

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi @bmc 

Having just passed my last billing date before the price increases materialise I thought I'd try my luck with getting a discount (which I don't think I've ever tried before), so I phoned the number given earlier in this thread.

When she returned she explained that she couldn't put me on a contract but she could give me a 12-month discount, and the amount offered turned out to be worthwhile so I gladly accepted.

Happy days!  😀

I'm now wondering if I misunderstood what I was told on the phone, and the email I received after my phone call which stated my Direct Debit would be £19.99 pm which I took as being a fixed price for 12 months (snip below).

Capture.PNG

I thought I would therefore avoid the recent £2 pm price increase having negotiated before it took effect.

However, having just received my bill notification the shine of my discounted price has been taken off somewhat as I note the £2 increase has been applied to this months bill (and probably last months too).   Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Rob, I'm sorry to see there's confusion over this.

I've been looking into this and I've created a support ticket 198378796 with more information which I hope helps 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet