cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post FTTC install - euphoria, followed by a little bewilderment!

Quiffster
Dabbler

Re: Post FTTC install - euphoria, followed by a little bewilderment!

Since 1800 hours this evening download has varied between 24Mb & 34Mb, so a return to the post install performance. Thanks Kelly et al.
I know the FAQ says speeds will vary during the first 10 days. Obviously I am hoping to get a consistent speed in the mid 30s... should I bump this thread if it looks to be settling around the low 30s or even 20s?
TIA
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just keep us informed of what's going on.  We are learning Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

FTTC speeds will vary quite a bit due to network congestion both at your local exchange and on the BT fibre backbone. This is because any congestion has a bigger affect at higher speeds. I've had speeds between 10Mbs and 35Mbs but generally it's around the 25 -> 30Mbs figures. Uploads hardly change at around 8Mbs for me.
BT are still expanding the fibre capacity to cope with the delays introduced as more FTTC/FTTP exchanges and cabinet connections are added.
Quiffster
Dabbler

A happy ending (& customer) at the end of this thread as we approach 4 weeks after the initial install. Based on my SamKnows stats, average downstream 32Mb, average upstream 8Mb.  Grin
Thanks again to Kelly, Peter & those others who posted here & elsewhere to help me.