cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to VOIP

handydan

Porting number to VOIP

Hi all - like a few others I've seen on here I'm porting my PSTN number (delivered over copper) over to a VoIP service and will retain my FTTP service with PN.

How do I let PN know so that it goes through without hassle - I don't want the FTTP to cease.

Thanks, Dan

2 REPLIES 2
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Porting number to VOIP

@handydan 

Well, you're on the right forum to ask.

The problem tends to be that the Accounts department take a line port to be a closure of the account so cease the Internet at the same time.

You need one of the FTTP trained staffies to keep an eye on this for you - someone like @Gandalf 

Briam

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Porting number to VOIP

Hi Dan,

If you can start the process of moving your landline number to VoIP and log into your account online then click Here to respond to the support ticket I've raised to let me know, I'll be happy to make sure we don't cease your FTTP and your account type to changed to the appropriate fibre only without phone package.

(Make sure you log into your account first before clicking on the above link otherwise you may get an error page)

[edit]

Having said that I can see you've already started the process and your number's due to move on the 7th April. I'll monitor it from here and make sure that your FTTP stays live

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet