cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointless asking for Engineer Visit Dates?

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Pointless asking for Engineer Visit Dates?

Why are we being asked to provide dates for the engineer visit when raising the ticket with guidance saying at least 2 weeks ahead. It seems silly to still have that guidance in the ticket as it a) gives false expectations to customers of how long the process will take & b) is pointless because you are going to have to come back and ask for new dates because you just can't meet that target.
That is confirmed in another thread, which I have only just come across, which says that 4-6 week is more realistic for me in Northern Ireland. I've made a call to your customer support team on Thurs or Fri. That was a waste of my time and your resources as I was expecting things to move quicker than they clearly are. Either point to the thread in the guidance when raising the ticket or put the updated information in the ticketing system. That way customers fully updated.
Other providers are now moving out of trial and have published their fibre packages. If this process takes me much longer I will be moving. My speed is pathetic. I can't even watch youtube on it's lowest settings half time without buffering. I'm not prepared to wait forever for Plusnet to get their act together. Come on get the whole customer support team up to speed and just roll this service out. According to your call centre staff you only have 2 people that can handle these requests. I've waited nearly a week so far and with 4-6 weeks before an engineer visit the time just sitting in queue to an unacknowledged request is just plain frustrating.