cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Help: Upload twice as fast as download - Ticket #58480458

JimF
Grafter

Plusnet Help: Upload twice as fast as download - Ticket #58480458

I had been enjoying a stable 75/20 connection (I am on the 80/20 FTTC Trial) for a few months.
Unfortunately, early on Tuesday morning there was a single ring on the landline phone and the internet connection went down, both at the same time.  From past experience I immediately suspected a line problem, or someone tampering with it!
The connection reestablished itself a few minutes later, but was now syncing at 10/20. I raised a ticket and 26 hours later I got a response saying that it was due to a profiling error and that it should now be resolved.  But it isn't resolved, it is still syncing at 10/20.  According to the BT Speedtester the line IP Profile is now 10Mbps down!
Another 26 hours has passed, but nothing further from Plusnet, perhaps someone from PN reading this can take a look at what is going on?
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Help: Upload twice as fast as download - Ticket #58480458

Thanks for your time on the phone. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced here. As mentioned I don't like to guess but it does sound like an exchange fault. I've logged this with our suppliers and I'll ensure we keep you updated as we look into this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JimF
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Help: Upload twice as fast as download - Ticket #58480458

Many thanks Adam, the BT engineer called in this morning!
It turned out that the IP Profile had been locked to 10Mbps down, after resetting it the sync has returned to 80/20.
And the sun is shining to boot!